Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hansshow Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Answered in post #24 but suppose for a moment that you are driving along the highway and all of the sudden the MY goes into "limp-mode". You pull to the side and call Tesla Roadside Service. The tech thinks the display unit may be the cause of the electric gremlin. How do you plan on getting warranty repair on whatever is going on? What keeps Tesla from continuing to insists that it's not their problem?
This system never and would not send the signal to the Tesla car. It only read the tesla CANBUS signal.
Just like Tesla would not think it is drive's Iphone cause some limp-mode problem.

Reactions: gunthermic
For the Airflow, we had done the test, if the airflow is under gear 7, there is no different after install the screen.
For airflow gear over 8, it will have part of affect, but the air can flow through the bottom of the screen (there is a narrow gap ), the left side airflow have no effect, your hand and feet can feel the airflow.
What's more, the front airflow will come from the space under glass.
The driver's head area can get the airflow.

The screen and bracket are fixed and can not be move. We were going to design to make it movable, but for long term use and stability, we decided to fix the screen there.

Well maybe it would be better to be removable with some hasp, or something.. But also to have some air flow vents in it..

You can use your smartphone hotspot, nowadays, 4G, 5G mobile phone data is almost inexhaustible every month.

That doesn't answer a potentials buyers answer. You answer honestly sounds rather vain. Well you can use you own data.. There are many that do not have unlimited data.. and data is still a commodity here in the US(where it shows buyer from)..

I too am looking for a one stop.. having it use the phones hotspot, vs phone being connected to the car.

having it use the phones hotspot, vs phone being connected to the car.
During CarPlay or android auto (though I have not seen it say AA is supported but I suspect it would be since it’s android), its simply a screen extension of your phone and anything you do in CP or AA would use your phone data just like in every other CP or AA equipped car.
When displaying canbus data, no internet data is needed.
In fact, the only time data would be needed is if you use one of the native Android applications which I wouldn’t think would be common, but perhaps so as all people have different wants. For me, I’d be showing CP almost all of the time unless on a track where I’d like to see some car data.

Direct access to the SXM app would be sweet!

Now all we need is Waze and a stitched together screen from the backup and side cams for a proper overhead view and we'll be approaching what other auto makers have offered for the last 4yrs+ :p

We had considered make the border become thinner just like the Model 3 mains screen. But there are some problem, if we make it thinner, we can not put the touch screen inside, and the screen will be difficult to assemble. To make the screen easy to produce, we had to increase the border.
In order to realize the voice control function (presently, it only work with Mandarin), we add a microphone at the top of the screen, it makes the border thicker.
Voice control working only with Mandarin is a real deal breaker for me and probably many others. Will the shipped units be able to recognize English?

Ask yourself this simple question. What would the Tesla Service Center people say if they saw this unit mounted in the car when you take it in for service? You are kidding yourself if you don't think that the car itself doesn't log all the activity into "Tesla cloud" where they can review it anytime they want.
They would say nothing. I have all manner of devices, some attached to the canbus, in my previous Model S and now Model 3, and when I take the car in for service nobody says anything. In fact some service folks marvel at these devices.

I installed this product on my car a few days ago and it has all kinds of software problems. The tire pressure readings, which are supposed to be PSI, compared to the reading on the car’s screen, are way too low. My car shows 40 psi all around. The Hannshaw shows something like 2.3. Then I did a factory reset thinking it would solve the problem, but it only made it worse. Now, the car’s image no longer shows on the screen. I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone.

I installed this product on my car a few days ago and it has all kinds of software problems. The tire pressure readings, which are supposed to be PSI, compared to the reading on the car’s screen, are way too low. My car shows 40 psi all around. The Hannshaw shows something like 2.3. Then I did a factory reset thinking it would solve the problem, but it only made it worse. Now, the car’s image no longer shows on the screen. I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone.

@artsci is it maybe showing tire pressure in Bar? If it's showing 2.7 or 2.8, it probably is, since 40 PSI equals 2.7579 Bar.