Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hansshow Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed mine a few days ago and I like it. Works as advertised.
CarPlay can be controlled by right thumb wheel unless in autopilot.

My only issue at the moment is getting the built in ABRP app to connect to the internet - still working on that.

I let autopilot reach ‘code blue’ status and it shows on the drivers display as well - really cool

Attachments

• 8304EA3B-4E9E-4DCA-93DA-92192E65C67A.jpeg
    8304EA3B-4E9E-4DCA-93DA-92192E65C67A.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 826
I installed mine a few days ago and I like it. Works as advertised.
CarPlay can be controlled by right thumb wheel unless in autopilot.
Are you having any problems with Bluetooth pairing? Mine only connects about 50% of the time. All other times it won't connect at all, and sometimes I'll get a pop-up box saying it can't pair because the PIN is not recognized. I'll have to go into the iPhone's Bluetooth settings and forget the device and go through the manual pairing process all over again. I have and iPhone 12 Pro running the latest iOS version. This is frustrating because CarPlay is the primary reason I bought the screen.

Are you having any problems with Bluetooth pairing? Mine only connects about 50% of the time. All other times it won't connect at all, and sometimes I'll get a pop-up box saying it can't pair because the PIN is not recognized. I'll have to go into the iPhone's Bluetooth settings and forget the device and go through the manual pairing process all over again. I have and iPhone 12 Pro running the latest iOS version. This is frustrating because CarPlay is the primary reason I bought the screen.

at present, it seams I have the opposite. I have an iPhone XSMax and it occasionally wants to connect when I'm in the house
I was thinking that the car wasn't going to sleep.

A question for those who have the screen...
Do you have to connect it to Tesla's data hotspot in order for CarPlay to work? My gut feeling is that I do need an external hotspot if I want to use the apps that come with the screen, but I'm only going to use CarPlay the hotspot isn't necessary.

Last edited:
A question for those who have the screen...
Do you have to connect it to Tesla's data hotspot in order for CarPlay to work? My gut feeling is that I do need an external hotspot if I want to use the apps that come with the screen, but I'm only going to use CarPlay the hotspot isn't necessary.
Teslas don't have hotspots. You'd have to provide your own.

You connect the phone to the screen via Bluetooth and once paired, you enable internet access on the BT device setting for the phone (this is a setting done on the display)
Okay, I must be dense... after I enable the Bluetooth connection, what happens after that? How does the internet access from the iPhone get set up on the display? Do I go into the Network heading on the screen and enable the screen's hotspot labeled AndroidAP_2205 where it'll show up on the iPhone's Wi-Fi? (Or do I have to turn on the iPhones Hotspot and let the screen get internet access from that?) If so, how do I get it to connect automatically? Seems like every time I get in the car nothing happens automatically. There are times where I'm forced to "forget" the screens Bluetooth and go through the pairing process all over again and them go to the displays Network setting and enable the hotspot.

Last edited:
Go to car settings
then BT
then click the settings cog on the far right if the paired/paired phone, there you can turn on internet access

Prior to this, you must already have the phone paired via bt, and you also want the Tesla-Screen-BT paired between the Tesla display and the hanshow display

Attachments

• B8D0CD10-D395-4FE5-BA3F-42E716CBDE16.jpeg
    B8D0CD10-D395-4FE5-BA3F-42E716CBDE16.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 278
  • E6E836FA-45BA-41A2-B864-5DA0C5409CAA.jpeg
    E6E836FA-45BA-41A2-B864-5DA0C5409CAA.jpeg
    478.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 7BFA1BD1-3CB6-4909-85A3-11F8948E16C3.jpeg
    7BFA1BD1-3CB6-4909-85A3-11F8948E16C3.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: Mr. Big
^^^Thanks! I had no idea that I had to hit the gear in the BT settings. So after this everything connects automatically when I enter the car? The only thing missing for me is the heading for Internet Access in the last screen you shared. Is there a trick to get that to show up?

^^^It finally did show up but I couldn't activate the button (looking at the above photo, yours is not activated either). I did, however, get it to activate when I turned on my iPhone hotspot and connected to it. I also found that was the only way I able to use the Chrome app as well as the other included apps. I wish the instructions were more clear on how to make all of the proper connections to get full functionality of screen.

^^^It finally did show up but I couldn't activate the button (looking at the above photo, yours is not activated either). I did, however, get it to activate when I turned on my iPhone hotspot and connected to it. I also found that was the only way I able to use the Chrome app as well as the other included apps. I wish the instructions were more clear on how to make all of the proper connections to get full functionality of screen.
Someone here maybe write good instructions and send it to Hansshow. They stuff being written by native Chinese sometimes is very lacking in the conversions..

Someone here maybe write good instructions and send it to Hansshow. They stuff being written by native Chinese sometimes is very lacking in the conversion
Although I do not disagree. But I believe it will improve.
My interactions with their support has been pretty good to date.

There are a few Youtube videos I found supporting this display that I found helpful:
Installation
Operation
Software Update

--

While initially troubleshooting the lack of internet connectivity with the native apps on the drivers display, I did the factory reset 🙄 - (mot recommended), and as such the car image would not reload with a message stating the file was missing, along with the range and odometer readings being 1 mile less than the Tesla display.

I found a download link in the forum of tesplus's web site with the latest software. I downloaded and installed, but the download did not include the car image, so I emailed support via the Tesplus website and was sent the Andriod/MCU update files with the car files and instructions.

Although I do not disagree. But I believe it will improve.
My interactions with their support has been pretty good to date.

There are a few Youtube videos I found supporting this display that I found helpful:
Installation
Operation
Software Update

--

While initially troubleshooting the lack of internet connectivity with the native apps on the drivers display, I did the factory reset 🙄 - (mot recommended), and as such the car image would not reload with a message stating the file was missing, along with the range and odometer readings being 1 mile less than the Tesla display.

I found a download link in the forum of tesplus's web site with the latest software. I downloaded and installed, but the download did not include the car image, so I emailed support via the Tesplus website and was sent the Andriod/MCU update files with the car files and instructions.
A link?