Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hansshow Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't found a great install video. The Hansshow ones says take a tons apart, but another says just a few parts of panel. I hear the OCB is a tight fit and very difficult to unhook and snap back in..
as far as video's the one I displayed, as well a couple from other you tubers are all there are.

making the connection to the OBD port is 100% a challenge, and will frustrate most who are not persistent, patient, and have good finger dexterity - if you have any doubts or concerns, you should look for someone to assist.

I am following this topic with great interest. It looks very promising. After reading through the this thread I am still not clear about its various interfaces. Is there a technical description somewhere?

What I believe I read so far is it has the following comm links:

(1) CAN bus read-only via OBD adapter.
(2) Bluetooth between device and iPhone
(3) Second Bluetooth link between device and Tesla
(4) Possibly a WiFi link between device and iPhone which is supplying hotspot

Is this correct? Any others?

Thanks so much!

I am following this topic with great interest. It looks very promising. After reading through the this thread I am still not clear about its various interfaces. Is there a technical description somewhere?

What I believe I read so far is it has the following comm links:

(1) CAN bus read-only via OBD adapter.
(2) Bluetooth between device and iPhone
(3) Second Bluetooth link between device and Tesla
(4) Possibly a WiFi link between device and iPhone which is supplying hotspot

Is this correct? Any others?

Thanks so much!
That just about sums it up from what I have been able to determine

Thanks. I was wondering about the possibility of a wifi link for conveyance of digital audio to the car's system.

My understanding is that much higher bitrate audio can be sent over wifi than Bluetooth. In my home system, for example, I can send CD quality (16/44.1) 1.4 mbps over wifi but am limited to about 256 kbps over bluetooth.

I would like to better understand the full audio path from phone to car when this Hansshow device is in use. Has this been discussed anywhere?

There must be two audio links: (1) from the phone to the Hansshow, and (2) from the Hansshow to the car.

How might each of these be implemented? (Just thinking out loud here)
(1) Might be either BT or wifi since we know the Hansshow has a BT link to the phone, but can also connect to the phone's wifi hotspot.
(2) Must be either BT, wifi, or wired. Wired would of course be best, but my guess is the wired link is used for CAN bus comms only.

If (2) is wifi or wired, then in addition to providing Apple Car Play, the Hansshow could also provide for high resolution audio in the Tesla! And that would be pretty darn cool :)

Reactions: gunthermic
I wrote to Hansshow just now to I inquire about the audio links. Will report back when I get a reply. I learned today that Apple CarPlay requires a WiFi link to send audio, so the link from phone to Hansshow must be WiFi. Just need to know how it gets from Hansshow to car now...

Does anyone know where to find a manual for the Hansshow display? I want to test carplay but I can’t figure out how to connect my iPhone.

Also, how do you update the firmware? I see the USB port on the side of the display, and have downloaded the firmware. But I can’t find a menu option to start the firmware update.

Does anyone know where to find a manual for the Hansshow display? I want to test carplay but I can’t figure out how to connect my iPhone.

Also, how do you update the firmware? I see the USB port on the side of the display, and have downloaded the firmware. But I can’t find a menu option to start the firmware update.
go back to post #70 - I linked videos

Hi, I need help. I accidentally deleted the car model/color file from the root directory of the console and now the car is no longer displayed from the console. Can someone who has the V2 console copy the car model/color files and send it to me. Your help is greatly appreciated. I also have the latest firmware along with the instructions from Hansshow if anyone needs it.

If there is a car model in the machine, you don't need to copy it again. Click file manager > built in disk HD to check whether there is teshila in the root directory of the disk_ car_ The car model folder corresponding to the car color of XXX (Note: the name of the car model folder corresponding to each color is different, and the corresponding relationship is shown below). If not, proceed to the next step.2
White car teshila_car_white
Red car teshila_car_red
Blue car teshila_car_blue
Black car teshila_car_black
Silver car teshila_car_silver

Here are my final impressions after 3+ months of use.

IMO my biggest worry is what happens if the vehicle gets into a serious accident and that screen becomes a flying projectile. Typically NHTSA requires the automakers to test and certify every component that goes into a car as part of their certification process. This thing is held on with a small bracket and small screws affixed to a plastic part. In an accident it would not be a stretch of the imagination that this could tear off the bracket and be a loose projectile directly in front of your face (yes I know there's an airbag there typically). Cool device though.