Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New hazard light update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounds an interesting idea - well the double flashing rate part at least. The remote warning part needs too much manufacturers coordination and will have limited, if no, retrofitting to older cars.

If nothing else it might be safer for all hazard flashers to run at double flash speed compared to normal signalling - so you can tell when a vehicle in a parking space where you can only see one side flashing is actually parked or signalling to get out of the parking slot.

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me at all, to see folks driving round with the fast flashers on having forgotten that they'd switched them on last time they parked!

Reactions: M1tch and Beady3647
I wish Tesla would join in with industry wide initiatives (eg V2I, V2V) and standards rather than go with some third party company solution.

Whilst it may seem to be a slow industry rollout which may be driving this, at least it will be global, cross platform, reliable and secure and Tesla will ultimately be the only one absent from the party. We had V2I code in our traffic light control systems years ago and there have been a number of technology demonstrators from what I understand (I'm no longer involved with the company). I suspect it is like many other past industry innovations, that started at the higher end models than began to filter down to lesser vehicles to ultimately become a standard feature. Its going to happen, just a little longer than 'two weeks'.

For the time being, the eCall SOS system provides a little of this functionality and is already built into your vehicle. So worth knowing when and how to use the eCall SOS button if you end up stopped in a vulnerable location. Oh, and keeping alert when driving.