Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Headlights and Taillights Confirmed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the 3/Y uses a similar headlight assembly connector to the current S? Also whether that is LIN or CAN bus?

I assume that Tesla 3/Y matrix systems do not use the cameras to turn off vertical strips of lights that illuminate individual oncoming vehicles like other vendors do. If Tesla added that feature in the future, I assume the MCU2 would be where that would happen as it has camera access and maybe spare processing cycles.

I just hope
B9055A2E-197A-42A2-A3BF-AE3BD8FD5A05.png
we won’t get those silver-ish Mazda
Taillights. Franz did use this language during his time at Mazda.
Too much cheap Hyundai/Mazda flavor.
B9055A2E-197A-42A2-A3BF-AE3BD8FD5A05.png
111EA6B7-4D4C-4A82-B0FD-F548ADA0E675.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any other pictures of the tails outside of the original ones posted at the start of this thread? ….and those blurry ones from the Tesla test track. I’m surprised that more pics of the updated headlights/tails haven’t been leaked/released.
It's official

Reactions: onshi and SIXF80
It's official

Tesla is toying with us. The photo has been replaced with frontal shot with old headlight.

• Funny
Reactions: serendipitous
It's official

That makes the rear go UP.

FORD MONDEO comes to mind

Does anyone remember when the 3 got the new headlights? Was there a press release or anything from tesla, if I remember correctly they just started shipping them and updated the online builder and that was their release. If that’s the case they’ll probably do the same with the S too so we’ll just start seeing them getting delivered with no heads up

Does anyone remember when the 3 got the new headlights? Was there a press release or anything from tesla, if I remember correctly they just started shipping them and updated the online builder and that was their release. If that’s the case they’ll probably do the same with the S too so we’ll just start seeing them getting delivered with no heads up
They never announce small changes like this. The wireless phone charger, console changes, headlights, lumbar support, etc. never got a press release. It is just a production line changes, customer sees it and tweets, Reddit, TMC, etc. posts about it and it gets picked up.

Reactions: mswlogo
They never announce small changes like this. The wireless phone charger, console changes, headlights, lumbar support, etc. never got a press release. It is just a production line changes, customer sees it and tweets, Reddit, TMC, etc. posts about it and it gets picked up.

Right, but you'd see the pictures on the site, which would be the giveaway. I can't remember the timeline for Model 3's interior changes. Were the pictures on the site before people received updated interiors?