Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Headlights On Model Y Build Your Own?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great. Thanks for the info.
Did any one delivered MY recently which have the new headlights?

This will be the real test, I saw the builder lights but the image doesn’t seem to definitively indicate they’re new to me. I take delivery in a week so I will let you know. I can’t say that I’d consider delaying just for them one way or another.

DB5D7341-8673-46B1-88F0-91D7BB0E5DE6.jpeg

They would not put a "tint" on the headlights. On the pic in the configurator, it does look like the housing pieces that were silver/chrome before, are now painted black. The pic of the Model 3 on the configurator shows the silver pieces in the headlight but the Y's are black... interesting.

I would be very surprised if they actually did this. I'll be looking forward to seeing new Y's delivered in the next few weeks!

I got my headlights painted black on my 3 for $500 (Yeah, I know, but the chrome bugged me) so if Tesla is now doing this then that's $500 I will save in the future on my next Tesla!

nhsaJyU.jpg

Last edited:
For comparisons sake, this is the picture Tesla is using for the Model 3 with the new headlights which look to have the same smoked tint to the them and pairing that with the fact that there was news that Model 3 and Y would be switching headlights over to ones that were similar to the ones they use around the world in Q1, I think we're seeing it sooner rather then later.

Tesla-Model-3.jpg

I overnight test drove a new 2021 SR that had 100 miles when I picked up. I forgot to look at the vin # but here are the headlights it had. I didn't see a heated steering wheel option for those interested in that (I'm in FL so it didn't dawn on me)

I placed an order yesterday for a LR Y and the build pages had the new lights but the order confirmation has the old picture that the build page had before the MS refresh update where they updated all the build pages.

Original center console too.

20210131_074037.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Itsuo-DC