Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Headlights On Model Y Build Your Own?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should assume that it won't happen. The old headlights are still some of the best in the industry and the new ones are disabled with no clear sight of when they could become active. As someone who has worked with DOT in the past I am saying years away if ever.
They seem to be updating the rest of the fleet with the new Matrix headlights, all Model 3s are now shipping with them, and performance Y's. Seems like a matter of time till all Tesla's come standard with them.
I've seen the amazing advantages with the "activated" Matrix headlights used in videos in Europe, do you know what is taking so long for the government to approve them in the US? All it will take from Tesla is a simple software update to fully utilitize the matrix functions.

Model 3s are shipped world wide and that is more than likely the case for the headlights on all the 3s. Only the MYP has the headlights and in every case the headlights have caused an uptick in the price of the vehicle. If they don't raise the price of the rest of the Ys then they aren't getting the headlights I bet. No point in giving the most expensive headlights to a market that won't utilize any of the features. They can go to other markets for that.

DOT does not conclude that they meet safety standards. Doesn't matter what the rest of the world believes. Matrix headlights also are not a priority.

Reactions: MikeHawk