Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Headlights on MYP VIN 124,XXX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am one who's been waiting for the new headlights before triggering my order (MY SR which I hope is also getting the headlight change now). The best possible nighttime visibility is very important to me.

However I think I don't mind the old-design console at all. I might decide to get one of the cosmetic mods for it, like maybe a matte white cover set, and those are going to be more plentiful for the older console design.

I am one who's been waiting for the new headlights before triggering my order (MY SR which I hope is also getting the headlight change now). The best possible nighttime visibility is very important to me.

However I think I don't mind the old-design console at all. I might decide to get one of the cosmetic mods for it, like maybe a matte white cover set, and those are going to be more plentiful for the older console design.
I agree with you however, I DO want the biodefense mode. Too many fires in CA.

I'll put in a plug for the original console. My 2021 is an October build. Replaced a 2020 Model 3. I prefer it to the new one. To me, it retains a more iconic presence, in the spirit of the original design language. I even like the piano black hinged lids. The new one looks elegant enough, and is probably improved in utility, but it is also more ordinary to my eye. But, no denying that it identifies the car as a later build.

Not to criticize, though, and hardly a debate. All cars evolve, and so does ours. I'm completely on board with the Tesla approach of making running refinements throughout the model year. Both innovative and refreshing. Absolutely loving my car.

These new LED headlights are the #1 thing I'm waiting for. The only reason I want the new console is because I already have a 3 and want the car to be as different from the 3 as possible (just for variety). The Y will be my wife's car though so the console doesn't really matter because she doesn't care.

Also....I really don't feel like doing another vinyl wrap on the old style center console. Ugh, what a chore and a stress to get it just right.

The current headlights are fantastic,I prefer projector beam over reflectors as it looks more elegant but something looks weird about the new headlights. It'll be interesting to see if Tesla starts offering over the air updates to activate features.

They really do need to work on the auto-high beams. They're REALLY lazy.

Reactions: Tedkidd
congrats to the OPs and all others who waited for the new light!!

We just picked up ours last week , we could have waited a bit more....
Anyway, i will keep telling myself the current headlight is very good already....
And for me, the main feature we waited for was the heated steering wheel, so i am happy

All of you saying you don`t care about new console, headlight, heated wheel etc i agree with you, but once you decide to SELL your vehicle those upgrades WILL count !
And a lot ! And if you know they are coming soon i don`t understand why you don`t wait couple of more weeks

All of you saying you don`t care about new console, headlight, heated wheel etc i agree with you, but once you decide to SELL your vehicle those upgrades WILL count !
And a lot ! And if you know they are coming soon i don`t understand why you don`t wait couple of more weeks

Because you'll be waiting forever. What happens when they install all of those things and then we get hints of air suspension? After they install air suspension, we hear rumors of a new paint color and cooled seats? Then after that, we hear that we're getting an entirely new dashboard, etc.

There will always be something newer on the horizon. At some-point you just have to bite the bullet and enjoy what you're going to be getting. The current headlights are fantastic, and the heated wheel should be coming as an update. The center console in my opinion isn't that big of a deal. I kind of prefer the "old" futuristic looking console vs the more elegant refreshed one.

VIN was assigned early morning on Feb 6th.

The advisor said I could take delivery as soon as the next day (7th) because the car was already onsite in Colma, CA, but I needed a couple of days to sort out insurance and funding.

So you received your "Final Balance is now ready " vin assignment/complete payment email the day after the car was built?
Did the DS also call you?

I received my email Saturday also, but no contact from DS. (I'm on east coast and if process is the same as 2018, delivery isn't clear until the car gets beyond Chicago)

And if you keep on waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, you'll get the new structural batteries, the high precision build from Texas Gigafactory, actual working FSD, etc.... It's like trying to time a stock to buy at the top!

Don't forget that we're still missing some fundamental economy car features that one day may show up and justify further waiting, such as blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic monitor, ventilated seats, 360 top-down camera, auto wipers with a real rain sensor, and CarPlay!