Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New headlights vs free 1yr supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN is 866xxx and I have new headlights.

We supercharged yesterday and it showed a bill for it. On my Tesla account for the build it shows FSD but pay per used supercharging. Any idea how we are supposed to activate the free supercharging?

The free supercharging will show up (mid-January) in your account. Until that is downloaded, you should use the 1,000 free supercharging miles from using a referral code. Those miles expire in 6 months, so use as many as possible now until the free year shows up. Hopefully you used someone's referral code when you bought the Tesla? If not, unfortunately, you will pay for supercharging (per use) until the free year shows up. Once it shows up, you will have a free year from that date. You will not 'miss out' on any part of the year.

• Informative
Reactions: SpringfieldM3P
My VIN is 866xxx and I have new headlights.

We supercharged yesterday and it showed a bill for it. On my Tesla account for the build it shows FSD but pay per used supercharging. Any idea how we are supposed to activate the free supercharging?
I have VIN 877xxx and it have new headlights also.

For the 1 year free supercharging, I asked at the store when I took delivery yesterday and they said it does not activate until 1/4. I also texted my original rep (because my FSD trial didn't show up yet yesterday, although it did today), and he said the 1 year supercharging will activate in a week or two. Like others, I have 1000 miles from using a referral code, but that expires in 6 months (as visible in loot box). Just make sure you have evidence you took delivery between 12/12 and 12/31 and there shouldn't be an issue.

In the meantime, unfortunately you are probably on the hook for the supercharging until the free activates.

All FYI. The free 1 yr supercharging showed up on my account today. Check your account.

Took delivery of my Model 3 on 24th Dec. It's not showing up on my account. But I supercharged 3 times on Jan 1st and Jan 2nd - those are not showing up on my 'history' not did I get charged for it. The remaining balance from referral 1000 miles does show up (minus 2 sessions on 31st Dec(.

I took delivery on Dec 17, I supercharged on Jan 2 and found they did not charge anything on my account. Check my account and find my free supercharger was there.

A9C1BB6F-424F-4E82-A7BE-02C4BC2632C7.png

Anyone have the P/Ns for the new headlights?

I have to have some front-end work done (rock chips) and the lights are going to be replaced by insurance. Would like to get the new ones, since I have to go down this route anyway.

Go to Tesla part catalog, the new part number is there called Global. However, I got a no when I wanted to order and retrofit new headlights couple weeks ago. Keep me updated if you get a different answer.