Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New headlights vs free 1yr supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I really hope VIN has nothing to do with it. I got mine assigned on 12/12.

maybe... but remember, that car could have been built a day or 2 earlier or even that day. Example, me and another guy got Vin matched the same day within a few mins probably. We both are in the same DMV area. And his vin is 866,xx and mine is 870xx. And this guys with the new headlights is 869,xx. The new headlight guy was vin matched 12/12 were us two, were vin match 12/16, 4 days later. And you see what happened. My guy was vin matched 4 days later and got a vin earlier than the guy with the new headlights and I was vin matched the same day a got a vin higher than the new headlight guy. It really all depends on when they actually started putting them in cars. Like a build date. Not vin dates. If that makes sense.

Just a heads up regarding he lights.
There are people who got cars with VIN series 830 with he new headlights (LR,P has it on all 2021 AFAIK)
Seems like they're using up all the old ones, and every once in a while somebody put the new instead of the old on an LR. Last I checked inventory (in Norway) all the LRs were listed with HL32 (which is rumored to be he new headlights)

I took delivery on 12/08. Any chance I can call them and ask for free supercharging? Seems really unfair that they just started offering it.

Don’t feel bad! I took delivery on 12/11. My SA added 1000 extra supercharger miles to my account, but could not manually give me the free supercharging for a year. Of course it’s not fair, but there’s not really anything we can do about it. I would’ve waited less than 24 hours to get the promotion had I known.