Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, finally took the plunge and purchased a Model X 100D, delivery due August. It's been an interesting journey as I have followed this site for a while learning much . Living in East Gippsland I wish there were more charging facilities available, lots of trip planning required .
With a 100D, I don't think too much planning will be needed. The nav will direct you via the SuperChargers as required and for travel further afield, you may need the UMC (provided), three phase adaptors, J1772 adaptor (careful which one you get) and a CHAdeMO.

Welcome @Helieng make sure you sign up to Plugshare and download the app to your smartphone.
Note that the website and the app only show private Plugshare locations if you are signed in.
You can then check out your local charging points in your ICE before the Model X arrives.
I would also sign up for a Chargepoint card as some commercial locations require this even when they offer free electricity.
Which charge adapters to get depends entirely on your location and driving patterns.
Go through the relevant threads in this forum including Destination Charging and Supercharging in Australia and the numerous individual Supercharger threads, but you will find that most of your charging will happen in your garage.

If you know any suitable businesses (such as restaurants, cafes, hotels, or any site with a car park) in towns near you, the best thing you can do is approach them personally. Tell them that they can get two chargers for free and with some or all of the installation cost covered. Consider the average owner of such a business - they probably don't know anything about electric vehicle charging, and if they do assume it is something that service stations would do, and it would be expensive. Once they realise any business with a car park can host a destination charger though ... :)

Of course, the chargers which are most useful to you are the ones which are a longer distance away from you, but start with the places where you already know the owner/manager!