Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Highway Code Rules

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What the routing like around the narrow bits? I take the longer route into work on the bike to avoid the wider roads due to faster speeds cars travel at. On inherently narrow roads the speed of traffic is actually much slower. My personal preference of bike commute routes is unclassified road > narrow B roads > wider B roads > Trunk roads.

I 100% avoid any kind of multi lane trunk roads unless its literally for a few seconds to join smaller roads, the wider the road the more dangerous it actually is in my experience as drivers tend not to focus and will wonder across lanes without checking.
My personal preference is actually riding nowhere near the road if possible - until we moved office my cycling route to work crossed a few busy roads but had very little riding along roads. It was all cycle paths, some through a park and some on a wide shared pavement, a decent distance from the road (and thus traffic and fumes)

Wow, I would of thought people who bought Tesla's would be of a more liberal open minded type? Elon must also sell to Bigot's too I suppose?
Plenty of them on here I’d say. BTW here’s a clip from another post on this forum, I don’t think Elon give’s a fig who get’s a Tesla as long as it increases his wealth much like any other succesful businessman🤔. Pretty certain Elon is a Bigot too or strongminded, unbending, strongwilled, he wouldn’t be where he is if he wasn’t those things😉

I was never a Elon fan but I would still buy a Tesla just like I still eat Chic Fli a despite what the controversies these huge companies are not just one man it is 100s of thousand And not everyone agrees with him. same with Bezos and Gary Ma ppl still using Ali Baba and Amazon this is no different.
its quite different.

elon rules and no one can argue with him. I've heard from people who worked with and under him. you dont want to be around that guy and working under him.

he sets the whole feel of the company and its rotting. its clear.

yes, a ceo who is toxic has that kind of effect.

and he's not just a beancounter, like many other ceo's are. he affects the direction of the tech and that's bad. he has lost his balance and clarity.

The thing is, those bongs / chimes / interventions are the direct result of your driving leading a completely impartial observer to say "that's dangerous", and intervene.

The warnings are likely triggering because you drive too close to the vehicle in front, or pass pedestrians too fast and too close, or try to change lane into the path of other vehicles.

As for 30 years driving with no accidents or claims - well, perhaps you were just lucky?
The ones I’m talking about are the ones to let you know the car in front is topping at the red light or stop line, when youve already taken you’re foot off the accelerator and have it resting on the brake just in case regen doesn’t stop you soon enough. Or the one that as you’re moving in from lane 3 to lane 2 next to a truck driving in lane 1, or the one that screaches as you in lane 2 on a slip road are going alongside a truck in lane 1. All fairly pointless as I am well aware of all of the above and wouldn’t be manoeuvreing past said trucks or already slowing if I wasn’t aware of them. Never had a warning for a pedestrian, I drive watching the traffic well ahead of me to the degree I traded a 3yr old MB in a few yrs ago with 45k on the clock on the original brake pads as the dealer asked if I ever used them? My answer was not that much no as I lift off the accelerator if I see cars slowing in front, not drive up behind and then slam on the brakes. Maybe you’re a harsh brake individua, I’m not😉

I’ve driven in the UK, most of the EU for many years (lived in Germany for 6), Africa, Asia and America all without any need for the over the top, nanny noises you seem to need. Do you have sides to pull up on your bad in case you roll out at night🤔😂

LMFAO ….lucky for 30+ yrs …. wow just wow ….. best I go buy 1 lottery ticket as according to you I’m so lucky I’ll get the jackpot this week🤣🤣🤣. You are one funny guy, do you do stand up?

• Funny
Reactions: Exy1