Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Honda Insight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the story from Autobloggreen about Honda's new Global Hybrid...they apparently are keeping the insite badge for this one.

Paris Preview: Honda Insight concept to be new global hybrid - AutoblogGreen

It reminds me of the photo of the "porschius", (half porsche and half prius), only this looks like half FCX half prius (the FCXius). The front end looks good, the back end doesn't look like it belongs with the front end.:confused:

I think it's looks alright for what it is. From this angle, though, the rear really does look like a Prius.
insight_concept_001-450.jpg

I like the LED lighting.

Last edited:
I'm thrilled about the new Insight. Cannot wait 'till they start selling them next spring.

The Insight is an increadibly unique car. You could compare to the EV1 and Tesla Roadster, but its relatively low cost (for the consumer at least, not for Honda) and relatively wide availability compared to the Roadster and EV1 puts it in a league all its own.

This means I expect the new Insight to be awesome.

"If they're done right, I like them."

I'd consider the "old" Insight to be the best execution of wheels skirts.

honda-insight.jpg

" 'According to Honda, the look is the result of making a vehicle with low drag, not one that takes on the Prius' style.' "

If the car was any more aerodynamic, it would end up looking like an EV1. And the EV1's styling is a little too extreme to be accepted on a mass scale. Honda is planning to sell hundreds of thousands of these new Insights.

Some people believe that the reason the Prius has done so well compared to the Honda Civic hybrid was the fact that the distinctive Prius design screams "hybrid" who what everyone to know that they drive a hybrid.

By the way, I rented a Honda Civic hybrid a couple of times and was quite pleased with it. I particularly appreciated the long range of the car.