Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New HPWC - Grounding and errors in instruction manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else compared the new HPWC manual to the old manual? The new one is comparatively unpolished and has a number of minor errors (I found at least 3). The one I'm struggling with is:

- Page 18, Step 5: "Connect the wiring to .. the ground wires going to the locations shown in the following illustration'.

The illustration does not depict the ground wire connection( scan attached). My electrician is coming next week to install, I'm just trying to understand how the installation works ahead of his arrival.

Thanks.

Attachments

• page 18.pdf
    327 KB · Views: 99
Has anyone else compared the new HPWC manual to the old manual? The new one is comparatively unpolished and has a number of minor errors (I found at least 3). The one I'm struggling with is:

- Page 18, Step 5: "Connect the wiring to .. the ground wires going to the locations shown in the following illustration'.

The illustration does not depict the ground wire connection( scan attached). My electrician is coming next week to install, I'm just trying to understand how the installation works ahead of his arrival.

Thanks.
I saw that as well when I was preparing for the arrival of mine. I'm installing it myself and I'm sure it will be self evident as to where the ground wire goes.

Thanks.
When you look at it it will make total sense. I just installed mine today, One ground two hot. the drawing is for the overhead wiring along with the adapter. if coming from the bottom or the side looking inside, the lower left block is the ground and the center block labeled line one and line two are for your hot leads coming from the double pole breaker. Don't forget to change the dial settings on the left side to the correct breaker size you are using. I spent more time digging the trench than I did installing the wire.

Attachments

• 0522161230.jpg
    0522161230.jpg
    691.8 KB · Views: 116
When you look at it it will make total sense. I just installed mine today, One ground two hot. the drawing is for the overhead wiring along with the adapter. if coming from the bottom or the side looking inside, the lower left block is the ground and the center block labeled line one and line two are for your hot leads coming from the double pole breaker. Don't forget to change the dial settings on the left side to the correct breaker size you are using. I spent more time digging the trench than I did installing the wire.

Ok that's helpful thanks a lot. Nice looking installation btw.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160522-214837.png
    Screenshot_20160522-214837.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 98