Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New HVAC Controls in 8.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOVE this change!

Now all the controls are one screen and it won’t require multiple clicks to complete frequent actions (like turning on the steering wheel heater).

No “cool” features like Enhanced Summon, but great to see the X continue to improve over time. :)

D997A5C4-DFBE-4592-B116-4F5A3FF7E518.jpeg

I just got 8.4 tonight and rebooted the screen as usual. Oddly enough, on my S the fan speed indicator seems to be stuck on 1 even though the fan speed can be increased/decreased. Oh well, they will surely fix it — and likely break something else — in the next release:D

I just got 8.4 tonight and rebooted the screen as usual. Oddly enough, on my S the fan speed indicator seems to be stuck on 1 even though the fan speed can be increased/decreased. Oh well, they will surely fix it — and likely break something else — in the next release:D
What were you on before 2019.8.4? I'm on 2019.8.2 and it is working as expected.

I sure didn’t. Just noticed the HVAC stuff (and Dog Mode). No Enhanced Summon...but I think HW2 is not getting that feature.

It’s been a couple of FW releases where they’ve been blank for me. Reset doesn’t do anything either.

Based on what?

I’m not aware of any HW2 Tesla that has received it, even if they are on 8.3 or 8.4 (the FW that has the feature). It’s only going to HW2.5 and, I assume, HW3.

Doesn’t mean we won’t get it I suppose, but given lack of Sentry Mode and Dash Cam I think it’s reasonable that any “extra” features are going to HW2.5 and above. And very soon, I would suppose the HW2.5 folks will be left behind too as Tesla focuses on on HW3 features.

I’m not aware of any HW2 Tesla that has received it, even if they are on 8.3 or 8.4 (the FW that has the feature)

Really? I haven't seen that 2019.8.3, or 2019.8.4, include Advanced Summon. I thought that was in the non-public 2019.9.x EAP releases.

Doesn’t mean we won’t get it I suppose, but given lack of Sentry Mode and Dash Cam I think it’s reasonable that any “extra” features are going to HW2.5 and above. And very soon, I would suppose the HW2.5 folks will be left behind too as Tesla focuses on on HW3 features.

AP2 doesn't get Sentry mode for likely two reasons:
  1. It relies on the computing power of the second SOC, that AP2 doesn't have, to do the video compression for recording the cameras.
  2. The AP2 side cameras have a different color filter that make them unsuitable for human viewing.
Neither of those issues would impact Advanced Summon, so I expect AP2 will get it.

Hmmm, I don’t know. Teslafi and ev-fw both have only one vehicle on a .9 release and both were in the last two days. We’ve seen enhanced summon vids for over a week now and know that some of the EAP people are on TeslaFi at least. I think it’s one of the 8.X releases.

But I really don’t know of course. If HW2 gets it, I’ll be surprised and happy!

I did get the 2019.8.4 update last week. After getting this update it feels like there is a glitch or my update didn’t install well. My car is doing a lot more phantom braking on AP now and I hate this. The other day I had passengers on my car back seat the seat belt light for rear was blinking on my dashboard not like a regular blink almost like something was not right. When you have passengers on back and they are not buckled up the seats pop up on left screen it was there blinking. I thought it needed a reboot but that didn’t work. I think I will stop by at SC or call them to see if there is an issue.