Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Incoming Texts Sometimes Grab Wrong Message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This still persists for me on 2020.48.26 and has continued across a full factory reset of my Pixel 4xl. I will go out on a limb and assert that it isn't caused by RCS or MMS messages. But it occurred to me that I have used the SMS Backup and Restore app to transfer and restore text messages across a sequence of Android phones and across my last factory reset. I am wondering if any of you who have suffered from this issue have used the same or a similar app for restoring text messages, including MMS which the default Google cloud backup doesn't. My theory being that maybe it restores the message database into a state that is confusing the process of transferring new messages to the car.

Not sure if this is related to my device, the new software, or something else, but occasionally when I receive a new text from a contact, it will grab a random text from anywhere else in the SMS app. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, and the vehicle will display the old/wrong message and sender.

Anyone else?
Me! I get haunted by ex bf's names popping up. I have a panic moment and realize the message isn't even from them. Haha. There's no rhyme or reason, no consistency, etc. It'll show old messages too.

Reactions: ardb and sundman99
I have a pixel 4xl with a SR+ M3. I am having the exact same issue.

I receive a text from my friend James, but I'll get the notification on the M3 that says I have a message from Melissa (or someone else that hasn't texted me in a while). The car will indeed read some seemingly random OLD message from that person. In addition, I won't even see the message from James in the list. Sometimes/usually I will see a message from James if he sends a second message.

I wonder if it has to do with the phone we're using or the sms app we use. I am using the google app "messages" for sms like most people on Android do...
Same exact issue and I have a pixel and I use the messages app. I'm in the service center right now and they said it has something to do with RCS but might be a glitch and need to keep waiting for firm software updates because other people are having this same issue of course

Same exact issue and I have a pixel and I use the messages app. I'm in the service center right now and they said it has something to do with RCS but might be a glitch and need to keep waiting for firm software updates because other people are having this same issue of course

I receive a text from my friend James, but I'll get the notification on the M3 that says I have a message from Melissa (or someone else that hasn't texted me in a while). The car will indeed read some seemingly random OLD message from that person. In addition, I won't even see the message from James in the list. Sometimes/usually I will see a message from James if he sends a second message.

I wonder if it has to do with the phone we're using or the sms app we use. I am using the google app "messages" for sms like most people on Android do...

Reactions: RNHurt