TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New information features for the awesome 17" screen

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by rns-e, May 5, 2013.

1. rns-e

rns-e Member

Hi - I'm new to this forum, I have search for this topic, but did not find any hits (may be my poor search skills, and if so I do apologize in advance). I just had my first drive in the Model S Performance, and went straight home and put down the deposit.

When driving I just couldn't stop thinking about all the performance information I would love to have on the awesome 17" screen. It should have timing options for 0-62 mph, Q-mile, G-force under acceleration and breaking - there is so many possibilities and it should make a Nissan Skyline seam uninformative - Do anybody know if such a upgrade/app for the info center is planned? I mean, it is a performance car, right?

Is Tesla thinking about letting geeks like me develop apps and thereby taking advantage of the developing power and ideas of the users?

This has properly already been posted and discussed - My head is just overloading with possibilities for this car and I have to wait until December for my own.

Chris

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

What you are looking for is "API". Tesla said that there would eventually be one coming out. I would think about two years from now at the earliest. (Estimate based on the one year after shipping started that Tesla said, and the amount of delay that we typically see.)