Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Install Powerwall Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just installed a 2 powerwall system to use with my existing solar panels. Everything seemed good until I changed to time-based control mode. It showed me that the powerwall charged from 60% to 100% using just 5.5 kWh from the solar panels. This means that 100% capacity of the powerwall system is 13.75 kWh which is the capacity of just one powerwall. So it seems like my system only uses one of the two powerwalls installed.
Am I interpreting this correctly? I notified Tesla but have not heard anything back. I not even sure I notified the right part of Tesla. The system is not inspected yet and I have not made the final payment.
I would appreciate any advise.

In the app's main screen where it shows a picture of a Powerwall does it say 2x next the word Powerwall?
Yes. I does show 2x in the app next to POWERWALL.

Tesla just installed a 2 powerwall system to use with my existing solar panels. Everything seemed good until I changed to time-based control mode. It showed me that the powerwall charged from 60% to 100% using just 5.5 kWh from the solar panels. This means that 100% capacity of the powerwall system is 13.75 kWh which is the capacity of just one powerwall. So it seems like my system only uses one of the two powerwalls installed.
Am I interpreting this correctly? I notified Tesla but have not heard anything back. I not even sure I notified the right part of Tesla. The system is not inspected yet and I have not made the final payment.
I would appreciate any advise.

Take it out of time based control mode (put it in self powered), let it drain down to 50 percent overnight, then when you get up in the morning and its at 50%, move the slider to 100 percent (in self powered mode), when solar is generating.

it will probably be around 49% at that point, but then you can see how much power it takes to go from 50% to full. 50% should be roughly (but not exactly) 1 powerwalls worth of energy, so around 13.5.

Both power switches are ON. The green LEDS are lit.
make sure when powerwalls are charging or discharging BOTH green bands are pulsing on both oowerwalls ... i say this cause when having to reset my system i somehow had only one powerwall in use other one just showed green band steady on .. also app still showed 2x for my two powerwalls and showed 100% charged when only one powerwall was in play
(the resoluton was to hit power rocker switch on power wall again ..i guess i put one of the powerwalls in a standby mode 🤷🏻‍♂️instead of turning it on )

make sure when powerwalls are charging or discharging BOTH green bands are pulsing on both oowerwalls ... i say this cause when having to reset my system i somehow had only one powerwall in use other one just showed green band steady on .. also app still showed 2x for my two powerwalls and showed 100% charged when only one powerwall was in play
(the resoluton was to hit power rocker switch on power wall again ..i guess i put one of the powerwalls in a standby mode 🤷🏻‍♂️instead of turning it on )
Thanks for your suggestion.
I found that neither powerwall is flashing. Both are steady on, but one is much brighter than the other. I checked both when they were charging and discharging. I wonder if the one with the dim indicator means it has a low charge or is defective.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I found that neither powerwall is flashing. Both are steady on, but one is much brighter than the other. I checked both when they were charging and discharging. I wonder if the one with the dim indicator means it has a low charge or is defective.
far as i know green light band is either on / off / or pulsing at a various rates
they can pulse at times so slowly that you have to really watch them to see that they are not steady on