Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New interactive range calculator (now tops at out 70MPH)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way, I just noticed that the Canadian version tops out at 120 kph, which is about 75 mph.

I was hoping for a German version, where some highways (Autobahn) don't have any official speed limit (just the 250 kph "Gentlemen's Agreement") but it's not available. Would have been fun to see the range of a P85D at 155 mph!

--- EDIT ---

Okay, I took it upon myself to load the P85D data for 19" wheels into Excel and construct my own little tool, which now goes to 85 mph in 5 mph increments:

P85D Range vs Speed-Temp-HVAC-Lights-Windows - Google Sheets

It's not fancy or anything but lets you pick different states (temperature, highway speeds, AC on or off, etc.) and spits out the value for both city and highway range.
Note that this is only currently designed for the P85D with 19" wheels since this is what I have and it took me a while to load all the data, but you can see how it works for now:

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 9.54.42 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the details!

Unfortunately I don't see a "config.json" file, and I've tried to download the complete site with Firefox and Chrome. I see lots of JavaScript (.js) files and images (.png/jpg) but no JSON.
I used some Linux command line fu, It's probably not getting all the files. If you open the console on Chrome, it'll tell you the 404 errors for files that it's not getting, just manually download them.

I used some Linux command line fu, It's probably not getting all the files. If you open the console on Chrome, it'll tell you the 404 errors for files that it's not getting, just manually download them.

Thanks, I was able to get all the files manually and placed them in the appropriate folders. The localhost site now loads properly with all the images and the videos.

However, the range calculator doesn't seem to be working (none of the buttons do anything) and I'm getting an error in the Javascript console regarding the config.json file (which I haven't modified yet):

Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 1.30.18 PM.png

Find the reference to the path for config.json in range-calculator.js and strip the entire path off leaving just the bare config.json. Make a copy of config.json and put it in the same directory as the main index, with the mods.