Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New inventory car - delivery time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
another data point for you.

ordered inventory car last Friday, delivery this Friday, but don't know where it's coming from. I should've asked. Had a custom 60 set for nov delivery, they called with a inventory 75 (exact same config) that they were confident they could deliver before EOQ (6500 discount, 50 miles). They are setting up delivery as if it will be there.. so fingers crossed.

I'm hoping to take delivery today or tomorrow! Still don't have a set time. I was emailing my DS back and forth last night around 10pm about trade in information. So they are working long hours right now. Yeah I would definitely give them a call maybe around mid-day to see if there are any updates.

Specs are
90D
red
19" wheels
black leather/headliner
Autopilot
air suspension
sound system pkg
premium pkg
pano roof

That's exactly the spec of the inventory car I bought today. It's in San Francisco. I was told it had just become available an hour before I bought it. It popped up when I was messing around configuring different options on the custom order page. A 90D doesn't last long, especially with a $13K discount.

That's exactly the spec of the inventory car I bought today. It's in San Francisco. I was told it had just become available an hour before I bought it. It popped up when I was messing around configuring different options on the custom order page. A 90D doesn't last long, especially with a $13K discount.

Oh really? What color was it? Also red? Yeah, at first I had a midnight silver one in the bay area, then I found exact same spec, just red, for 8.5k less, still brand new, not a demo. Had like 23 miles on the Odometer. I texted my OA and ran over to the service center, when I got there he already had it pulled it up and got permission from his supervisor to switch the deposit. 5 min later I'm walking out the door, total discounts: 13k.

After Elon's email, I don't see these discounts happening again for a long long time.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Been waiting for the 100D, but finally pulled the trigger on an inventory P90DL...

Hit the buy button last Friday, picked it up yesterday....awesome
IMG_3030.JPG

Reactions: ggnykk and nishT
Been waiting for the 100D, but finally pulled the trigger on an inventory P90DL...

Hit the buy button last Friday, picked it up yesterday....awesomeView attachment 196799

Ooh, was that the one that was listed at like 105,000 something??? I almost bought that one last Tuesday =p If I hadn't already switched my deposit once I probably would have done it. I decided most of the time I don't need the extra power and I'll be fine hah.

And yes, there was a p90DL, I think it had 50 miles listed, maybe less, for 105 something. It didn't last very long.

Just took delivery today and the process went really quickly. In fact, I convinced my friend to buy one at the same time and he took delivery the same time as me. So, deposit on Monday, pick up on Thursday. My car had 33 miles and it had to be driven from Marietta to Decatur, so pretty much new.

@Chris8307 What was the cost of Autopilot in your configuration? Mine was $2500. Not sure why but that makes the practical discount $14,500 including referral. Of course I'm taking a bath on my trade-in. $32,000 less than I paid :(, which works out to $15,000/year of ownership.

Edit: I guess the car was ordered before 8/23 to get the cheap AP. Seems like it has been $3K for longer than that. Range was listed as 286 miles. Again, I thought it has been 294 for quite a while but guess not.

Last edited:
Yeah mine was built at the 2,500 price, so I guess you're right! Even when switching my order, my OA was like..."wow...that's a pretty crazy deal..". I feel like I robbed a bank haha.

The range showed 286 before, but when 8.0 was released, it went up to 294. I'm guessing that's either some cooling optimizations and/or the greater re-gen in 8.0.

Ooh, was that the one that was listed at like 105,000 something??? I almost bought that one last Tuesday =p If I hadn't already switched my deposit once I probably would have done it. I decided most of the time I don't need the extra power and I'll be fine hah.

And yes, there was a p90DL, I think it had 50 miles listed, maybe less, for 105 something. It didn't last very long.

I don't believe so. I also pulled the trigger because of the grey interior. I don't think we'll see grey on the 100s...

another data point for you.

ordered inventory car last Friday, delivery this Friday, but don't know where it's coming from. I should've asked. Had a custom 60 set for nov delivery, they called with a inventory 75 (exact same config) that they were confident they could deliver before EOQ (6500 discount, 50 miles). They are setting up delivery as if it will be there.. so fingers crossed.
Just got home. Took delivery! 7 days.

I placed an order for Inventory located in New York to be delivered to Dedham on 9/24. OA said car should be delivered to Dedham by today. Still not here OA says car was last in NY, I don't think he knows if the car is even shipped or not. Based on feedback on this post I think I will have the car for another couple of weeks.