TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Inventory P100D 0-60 Change - Now 2.7sec?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by bcampbelllds, Sep 1, 2017.

1. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

I noticed yesterday all P100D inventory cars now show a 0-60 of 2.7sec instead of the usual 2.5. If you go to the Tesla website and create a custom order, the 0-60 time is the correct 2.5sec. This must be a small oversight or it could be worse.

Attached Files:

2. Matias

Matias Active Member

3. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

I saw that post too. Perhaps Tesla is going to change 100D to low 3 seconds, have a P100D option at 2.7, AND another vehicle in the low 2 seconds? Maybe 2.3ish?? Who knows.

4. outie

outie Active Member

One possible explanation is that these inventory cars have ludicrous mode software disabled/removed. They did this last year to push inventory sales, offering 10k off for not having ludicrous.

• Informative x 1
  5. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

I would dislike it if the new inventory P100D's were throttled back to 2.7sec.

6. SucreTease

SucreTease Teslarian

No, the spec sheets show the car as having Ludicrous Speed Upgrade (e.g. Model S P100D 5YJSA1E4XHF214238 | Tesla)

7. conman

conman Member

Getting rid of 1 foot rollout maybe?

8. Zetopan

Zetopan Member

Note that the 2.5 to 2.7 second difference could also be explained as the same difference between 0 to 60 MPH and 0 to 100 KPH.

9. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

A new king of 0-60 must be on the way, Gimping the existing fleet and discounting to make the latest and greatest look the most appealing to speed hounds. I hope they make a bunch of changes rather than just increasing speed.

At this point, I'd rather have an interior refresh and suspension upgrade or a performance suspension option, rather than just pure speed.

However, I won't complain if they change the motors, inverters, battery capacity, interior and other options all at once.

• Like x 1
  10. Navsarin

Navsarin S100D Red Rocket

I just bought an inventory P100 last eve and the spec here is 2.7sec for 0-100km. Which is essentially 2.54 0-60 miles.

Attached Files:

11. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

For us in the US it's still showing 2.7. Must be an oversight.