TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Inventory - Rear Facing Seats Option

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by mjeagent, Jul 27, 2016.

1. mjeagent

mjeagent Member

I've been looking constantly on the CPO site to try and find a new Model S on the lot with rear facing seats. I have yet to see one. Is the option just not listed or is it something that is difficult to find and I'd have to order? I'm looking for a fully optioned 2016.

2. commasign

commasign Active Member

Try ev-cpo.com (subscription needed to filter by rear seats) or one of the other CPO trackers. I see 7 2016 cars with rear seats right now.

3. mjeagent

mjeagent Member

4. blablub

blablub Member

and if not, you can retrofit the rear facing seats! It is about the same price like the factory delivery.

Just call Tesla and give the VIN and they can tell you if the retrofit is possible. For most cars it is possible.

5. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

#5 DÆrik, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    I am showing 7 available at the moment that are 2016 and have rear facing seats. Here is a link to all 7. https://www.teslainventory.com VIN #131268 is a fully loaded P90DL.

Thanks Erik

• Informative x 1
  6. Rahul

Rahul Member

I thought that was true for the early VINs. Later on they add reinforcement to the trunk when configured with RFS.

7. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

And that reinforcement can now be retrofitted. There were several people on TMC who had later-VINs retrofitted for RFS.

8. DougH

DougH Active Member

It can be done to pretty much every car, it's around $3K.

9. blablub

blablub Member

I have a S85 from September 2015 and the reinforcement was already there. So need for retrofitting it.