Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Inventory S and X 100D’s from as low as $79k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes but you have to read and know the options before you buy. A lot of them are not good deals verses buying new and the "discount" you see is only the price deduction after the car was built. I personally would just buy new.

Last edited:
Yes but you have to read and know the options before you buy. A lot of them are not good deals verses buying new and the "discount" you see is only the price deduction after the car was built. I personally would just buy new.
Most options are now standard on performance cars, but if you want Ludicrous, as all the current inventory P100s have, then the inventory cars are cheaper. I find it humorous that the white 20,000 mile ‘17 X100D that is listed here on TMC is as much as new, either ordered or inventory, yet people are praising it as a good deal. I’d consider ordering another new P car (without Ludicrous) if I could get a decent price for one of our Teslas.

Most options are now standard on performance cars, but if you want Ludicrous, as all the current inventory P100s have, then the inventory cars are cheaper. I find it humorous that the white 20,000 mile ‘17 X100D that is listed here on TMC is as much as new, either ordered or inventory, yet people are praising it as a good deal. I’d consider ordering another new P car (without Ludicrous) if I could get a decent price for one of our Teslas.

It's not a smokin deal but it's also not bad, it books at close to $90K.

And who really cares about Ludi, it's not that exciting and your insurance can go up because of it, kinda of a double sword.

It's not a smokin deal but it's also not bad, it books at close to $90K.

And who really cares about Ludi, it's not that exciting and your insurance can go up because of it, kinda of a double sword.
It’s a used 2 year old car, no tax credits, with wear and tear, half the warranty left, for roughly the same price you can order a new one, I think that ticks all the boxes for a bad deal. A used car should be significantly cheaper than new, not the same price.
Ludicrous doesn’t affect our insurance, I think it is incredible but not for the new $15,000 difference in price, the old $10k was high before. $5k probably for the few times it may get used but not much more

Last edited:
New S 75Ds are starting at $72,600 with 50miles on them around the country, then you get the people's money for buying new (tax credit). Puts a new S 75D at $67,550 with all options except vegan leather, EAP or FSD, and rims. There's a new 100D at $79k, minus credits for a price of $74,550.

Why would I buy a NEW or CPO/Used at these prices for a 50 mile new 18/19?

They have a 2017 S 75D with EAP used for 67,500....

Dzm

Reactions: NoMoGasNeMo
New S 75Ds are starting at $72,600 with 50miles on them around the country, then you get the people's money for buying new (tax credit). Puts a new S 75D at $67,550 with all options except vegan leather, EAP or FSD, and rims. There's a new 100D at $79k, minus credits for a price of $74,550.

Why would I buy a NEW or CPO/Used at these prices for a 50 mile new 18/19?

They have a 2017 S 75D with EAP used for 67,500....

Dzm
The bigger point is why would anyone buy one of the 75’s with the those 100 prices, much more power, range and resale value for about the same money

Reactions: PhilDavid
Tesla has reduced the pricing of new inventory S and X 100’s, some now below $80k with no miles! They also have P100D’s discounted over $40,000 with Ludicrous as low as $106k. Plus these can also receive tax credits! Effectively putting a brand new 100D just over $70k in Colorado!

Good deals to be had for sure but be sure to do the math with the new prices. p100Ds used to go to to around $160K fully loaded. Now that car fully loaded with FSD is only $124K. So based on how some P100Ds were previously priced, you'd need a discount of $$35K just to match current pricing for a Model S you can buy with HW 3.0 built in.

Good deals to be had for sure but be sure to do the math with the new prices. p100Ds used to go to to around $160K fully loaded. Now that car fully loaded with FSD is only $124K. So based on how some P100Ds were previously priced, you'd need a discount of $$35K just to match current pricing for a Model S you can buy with HW 3.0 built in.
True they need big discounts to match the new pricing but it been a few price changes since they were that high. Since most options became packaged standard the prices have been lower. I believe buying the new performance without Ludicrous is the better deal if buying a performance car.

Last edited:
True they need big discounts to match the new pricing but it been a few price changes since they were that high. Since most options became packaged standard the prices have been lower. I believe buying the new performance without Ludicrous is the better deal if buying a performance car.

Yes, I absolutely agree. You can basically almost buy a P100D 0-60 3s now for what used to be fully-loaded 100D prices.