TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Inventory Vehicle

Discussion in 'Model X' started by zackmilo, Jun 12, 2017.

?

How long did yours take?

1. 2 weeks

28.6%
  2. 3 weeks

21.4%
  3. 1 Month

21.4%
  4. 1 week

7.1%
  5. 6 weeks

14.3%
  6. 2 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 10 weeks or longer

7.1%
  1. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete and lowering champion

Since my X may be totaled (Accident and Repairs) I want to start thinking of inventory cars. I found a few nice ones. Why do some not say where they are located? How long will one take if it is in my city? This one is my favorite:
    Model X 75D 5YJXCBE22HF050004 | Tesla
    Thanks,
    Zack

2. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

I was told from my sales rep that they typically take 2 weeks sometimes longer depending on location. It takes time to have vehicle prep and detailed and then shipped. I guess if your local service center had one you wanted that time could probably cut down to a few days. I know when my new vehicle was shipped to service center they wanted 2-3 days to prep the vehicle for pick up.

I have noticed online they don't give location and I found that odd. My sales guy was able to pull inventory vehicles after I gave him specs I was looking for and those he sent me listed what service center they were located. Have you tried having your sales contact send you available inventory vehicles? I ended up going new since I was in no hurry.

3. zackmilo

Will email him.
    Thanks

4. Yinn

Yinn Member

A lot of them won't say. Use ev-cpo and teslainventory to find a more specific location. Even then some of them will only say the region (ie. Washington DC may actually be 45min away in Baltimore)

If it's in your area with no transportation fee, it still depends on how busy your SC is. We're nearing quarter end, so it may be a while longer. As little as within the week to as far out as a month. 3-4 weeks is considered the average with some new custom orders arriving faster than new inventory cars.

If a car is in inventory and discounted, it may be a deal. Chances are it's a configuration that's no longer available, a showroom, a demo/loaner, or there's some other issue (build defect, accident, etc.) that's resulting in the discount. Otherwise it wouldn't have been discounted, be prepared for that so you're not surprised. Sometimes it's minor, sometimes it's a larger issue.

• Informative x 1
  5. number12

number12 Active Member

Jeez AP2 commands a premium. That's basically my car but 25k more. (2500 less miles, 75vs60 -$4500)

• Like x 1
  6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

The location data that Tesla provides, when they do provide it, is sporadic and not entirely reliable, which is why most cars don't have a location displayed. But if you look at the HTML source code, this particular car is indicated to be at this location: NA-US-CA-Richmond-BNSF Richmond-HUB

Now, don't quote me that the car is actually at that location. A few listed cars are indicated as being at the Gigafactory in Reno. But the code above is a clue that the car might be at that location, was at that location last, or maybe heading towards that location, or maybe not even there at all. ;)

The best bet is if you find a car, contact Tesla and ask them directly where it is, they might have more reliable information than we have looking at the HTML source code.

Good luck!

• Helpful x 1
  7. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

i had to wait for 2 chairs to be built for my car so it took a month. my X has the cooled seats and perforated leather so it took a while.

• Like x 1
  8. zackmilo

#050004 last known location: Fremont.

9. Peteybabes

is there anyway you can keep the wheels from your totaled car? or switch the wheels out? :)

10. zackmilo

Will find out tomorrow. Will black out everything on the new one too.

11. zackmilo

2 of them have minor curbage. I would rather get all new ones.

12. Yinn

Yinn Member

Hard to tell from the pictures, are those aftermarket wheels? Or just 22" Onyx?

13. zackmilo

Powdercoated 20''. Got them done at Exoticar in LA

14. Yinn

Yinn Member

It looks good, do you have a bigger picture?

15. zackmilo

Yes, will post now. Do you live near LA?

16. zackmilo

Here is one. I have more coming now.

Attached Files:

17. zackmilo

Here are some pics. I strongly recommend getting your chrome done. It completely changes the look of the car.

Attached Files:

18. Peteybabes

Beautiful! i would have done the same if i got 20's...

i'm going to probably paint my Matte Black wheels to Gloss Black and it's going to cost me $125/tire :)

19. zackmilo

If I were you I wouldn't do it. I painted mine satin black to look like the 22s. I would wrap the chrome instead.

20. Yinn

Yinn Member

I got the handles done so far. I'm getting the lower half in a clear wrap this week, but nobody in my area will do the chrome delete. They've been having issues with the folding mirror. When it comes back from wrap, I hate to do it; but I might try some dip like spray and see how it turns out.