Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Inventory Vehicle

How long did yours take?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told from my sales rep that they typically take 2 weeks sometimes longer depending on location. It takes time to have vehicle prep and detailed and then shipped. I guess if your local service center had one you wanted that time could probably cut down to a few days. I know when my new vehicle was shipped to service center they wanted 2-3 days to prep the vehicle for pick up.

I have noticed online they don't give location and I found that odd. My sales guy was able to pull inventory vehicles after I gave him specs I was looking for and those he sent me listed what service center they were located. Have you tried having your sales contact send you available inventory vehicles? I ended up going new since I was in no hurry.

I was told from my sales rep that they typically take 2 weeks sometimes longer depending on location. It takes time to have vehicle prep and detailed and then shipped. I guess if your local service center had one you wanted that time could probably cut down to a few days. I know when my new vehicle was shipped to service center they wanted 2-3 days to prep the vehicle for pick up.

I have noticed online they don't give location and I found that odd. My sales guy was able to pull inventory vehicles after I gave him specs I was looking for and those he sent me listed what service center they were located. Have you tried having your sales contact send you available inventory vehicles? I ended up going new since I was in no hurry.
Will email him.
Thanks

Since my X may be totaled (Accident and Repairs) I want to start thinking of inventory cars. I found a few nice ones. Why do some not say where they are located? How long will one take if it is in my city? This one is my favorite:
Model X 75D 5YJXCBE22HF050004 | Tesla
Thanks,
Zack

A lot of them won't say. Use ev-cpo and teslainventory to find a more specific location. Even then some of them will only say the region (ie. Washington DC may actually be 45min away in Baltimore)

If it's in your area with no transportation fee, it still depends on how busy your SC is. We're nearing quarter end, so it may be a while longer. As little as within the week to as far out as a month. 3-4 weeks is considered the average with some new custom orders arriving faster than new inventory cars.

If a car is in inventory and discounted, it may be a deal. Chances are it's a configuration that's no longer available, a showroom, a demo/loaner, or there's some other issue (build defect, accident, etc.) that's resulting in the discount. Otherwise it wouldn't have been discounted, be prepared for that so you're not surprised. Sometimes it's minor, sometimes it's a larger issue.

• Informative
Reactions: BLKMDL3
Since my X may be totaled (Accident and Repairs) I want to start thinking of inventory cars. I found a few nice ones. Why do some not say where they are located? How long will one take if it is in my city? This one is my favorite:
Model X 75D 5YJXCBE22HF050004 | Tesla
Thanks,
Zack

The location data that Tesla provides, when they do provide it, is sporadic and not entirely reliable, which is why most cars don't have a location displayed. But if you look at the HTML source code, this particular car is indicated to be at this location: NA-US-CA-Richmond-BNSF Richmond-HUB

Now, don't quote me that the car is actually at that location. A few listed cars are indicated as being at the Gigafactory in Reno. But the code above is a clue that the car might be at that location, was at that location last, or maybe heading towards that location, or maybe not even there at all. ;)

The best bet is if you find a car, contact Tesla and ask them directly where it is, they might have more reliable information than we have looking at the HTML source code.

Good luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: BLKMDL3
Here is one. I have more coming now.

Attachments

• IMG_7308.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_7308.JPG.jpeg
    502.2 KB · Views: 89
Here are some pics. I strongly recommend getting your chrome done. It completely changes the look of the car.

I got the handles done so far. I'm getting the lower half in a clear wrap this week, but nobody in my area will do the chrome delete. They've been having issues with the folding mirror. When it comes back from wrap, I hate to do it; but I might try some dip like spray and see how it turns out.