TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New inventory vehicles available

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by DMack, Mar 7, 2018.

1. DMack

DMack Member

The most new inventory vehicles visible to consumers that I’ve seen in the past two months.

Inventory | Tesla

2. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

Looks like they are CPO:s, when you click it, it shows "Every Model X receives a full inspection, remaining battery and drive warranty and a four year, 50,000 miles new vehicle limited warranty with 24 hour roadside assistance." Also, they have varying amounts of miles on them.

3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

4. bomquito

bomquito Member

All the new inventory 75 version has the uncorked 0-60 in 4.3 seconds.
    I also noticed they all have the AP 2.0 and not the new chip 2.5. Some has up to 6k discount. Your thoughts on this batch vs. the custom order vehicles?

5. f3honda4me

f3honda4me Member

#5 f3honda4me, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Why do some of these new 75 kWh inventory model S have a significantly slower 0-60 than the 4.2 seconds? Is there a way to tell by VIN if my 75D that was just built is the 4.2 second version?

Edit: I see it’s because they are model year 2017

6. barjohn

barjohn Member

It probably means they have not uncorked them or the ad department is using old data.

7. barjohn

barjohn Member

Inventory cars are gone, only CPO cars left to see. Is someone actually buying all these cars since the thread started or is Tesla not displaying inventory it has.

8. Electricious

Electricious Member

I'm not sure if even Tesla knows the answer to that question. They add and remove large numbers of cars from the inventory all the time followed by both large price increases and decreases every now and then as well. Makes it very exciting to buy a CPO car :rolleyes:

9. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

Every inventory site seems to have a different number listed too. Do you think they are just updating their listings at different times?

10. base698

base698 Member

A few were disappearing every couple of days, then all at once the last 30 or so they all disappeared. I purchased one of them, so I know at least one was actually sold :)

11. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

In the U.S. I'm still seeing 114 Model S and 8 Model X Inventory available for sale.

12. viperssd

viperssd Member

I can't see any inventory cars, only cpo. Where are you looking to see inventory cars?

13. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

See the first link in my sig below.

14. Tforme

Tforme Member

Last cars added to EV-CPO were about two weeks ago. If I recall, the inventory count then was about 140 cars. Today, nearly two weeks later it’s about 109 cars. Is it possible that Tesla has only sold about 30 cars from inventory in two weeks time? What’s your take on this, Hank?

I’m sure there were more orders during that time. But when you visit a Tesla store they push hard to sell the inventory cars. Is it possible that S and X sales have been that impacted by the M3?

15. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

My take on it is that Tesla is still manipulating the listings/market for undetermined reasons.

I'm sure S/X has been impacted by M3, but it's hard to tell which direction. Many people have posted that they dropped their M3 reservation for an S/X instead.

16. barjohn

barjohn Member

The stock is under tremendous pressure today and if they miss both S & X sales guidance and 3 guidance it will not be a pretty sight for stock holders. I think they will push to get rid of inventory cars and make their numbers by the end of the quarter. I'm not sure what they can do on the 3 front as it really depends on how production is going.

• Like x 1
  17. Tforme

Tforme Member

I have never understood Tesla’s obsession with secrecy. I really feel their lack of transparency with monthly production numbers, inventories, updates, problems, etc works strongly against them. It creates doubt in the minds of Tesla investors as well as owners.

• Like x 5
  18. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

19. bomquito

bomquito Member

I really hope they push it hard to release all the inventory vehicles. I have been waiting for a good deal on the 75/75D S for a while. I predict the stock hits under $300 by the end of week.

20. Electricious

Electricious Member

We are looking to buy a Tesla and the current way they sell cars is so frustrating where most of their inventory is hidden and you need to visit a Tesla store or email someone at Tesla to see what is available.

Hundreds or dozens of cars disappearing constantly from the inventory only to reappear later. Prices going up and down by sometimes tens of thousands. It seems every year there are a few good weeks to buy a CPO car and the rest of the time it's an awful experience :(

Wish they would just list the cars they have without playing all these games with the inventory and pricing.

• Like x 2