Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all, I have an SR+ on order (3 weeks or so) and noticed a match this morning on new inventory so called my local store but was told they are not available and a mistake on the website?
I've read elsewhere on here that others have tried and failed to order - is this correct? Anyone know anything more on this?

Just seems strange they keep adding stock that doesnt exist or is my salesman wrong and I should just order one anyway and cancel existing one?

Cheers

It appears that vehicles appearing on the new inventory list are actually vehicles in transit from the factory, that are then removed and matched to outstanding orders so, they were never really available for sale.

Looks like a blip caused by a delay between two automated processes or by the matching being done manually after the cars have been automatically logged on the Tesla sales system.

Yeah don't order from inventory if you have an existing order - you may end up screwing yourself over and waiting even longer if you were to cancel your existing order, and then your new order was canclelled by Tesla becuase they didn't have the car to actually sell to you.

As i've said in another thread - we have no idea why these cars are added to inventory, where they come from, if they are on a ship, or even if they exist at all!

Just becuase you don't have a VIN or SC VIN or confirmed delivery, doesn't mean you haven't been assigned a car yet.

Yeah don't order from inventory if you have an existing order - you may end up screwing yourself over and waiting even longer if you were to cancel your existing order, and then your new order was canclelled by Tesla becuase they didn't have the car to actually

As i've said in another thread - we have no idea why these cars are added to inventory, where they come from, if they are on a ship, or even if they exist at all!

Just becuase you don't have a VIN or SC VIN or confirmed delivery, doesn't mean you haven't been assigned a car yet.
Not sure all this is true, time will tell.

Don't even know if time will tell - I don't think we will ever know what happens behind the scenes at Tesla with their assignment of vehicles to orders.

Sometimes it could benefit you ordering from inventory, other times it could hinder you. We don't know, but feels like a gamble to me.

But yeah i'm sure some of what I said isn't true, all we can do is speculate lol

I bought from inventory 3 weeks ago and had a fantastic experience. Mystical tow bar secured and 2k discount

Is a gamble I guess if you are waiting on a specific order.
I'm gutted I didn't order then -- my exact config was right there waiting for me to order (the discount was just an incredible cherry on top), but I was waiting on my house's main fuse to be upgraded and I didn't want to order an electric car if I couldn't charge it at home (if there was some reason that the main fuse couldn't be upgraded). I've now ordered from inventory a couple of weeks ago (LRAWD MSM black tow) at full price. In hindsight I could've ordered and then cancelled later if the main fuse upgrade hadn't gone ahead. Super annoying but par for the course with Tesla.

And the slightest hint of a fault that could be attributed to towing would void the warranty- I asked Tesla about third party tow hitch prior to tow hitch becoming available.

TBH although official sounds expensive it is on a par with the factory fit on our Passat 12 years ago and if you look at exactly the same tow hitch setup from the same manufacturer it’s not a huge amount cheaper and that will not include the tow mode software integrated into the car.

Will Tesla retrofit the tow hitch at a later stage, or does it have to be factory-fitted?

So could you order a stock car to get it quicker, and take it to a service center later to get the tow hitch fitted by Tesla.

(Don't need a tow hitch myself, just curious)