Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I saw somewhere this past week that a new batch of invites would be sent out this week....has that occurred? I haven't seen anyone posting anything about it. How far into reservations are they? Is it still day of announcement?

AFAIK, not all Day One people have been invited yet, and only a few April 1, almost all east coasters.

If you are May June July, who was originally Nov Dec Jan, I would not hold your breath. Somebody posted that even if you get an invite it's a 3-4 month estimated delivery.

This information is exactly as accurate as internet postings are. That's what I've been reading. A lot of folk dropped off the radar in May. Actively posting about wanting a Model 3 now gone. A couple posted they bought other cars, but mostly just vanished.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arpe
AFAIK, not all Day One people have been invited yet, and only a few April 1, almost all east coasters.

If you are May June July, who was originally Nov Dec Jan, I would not hold your breath. Somebody posted that even if you get an invite it's a 3-4 month estimated delivery.

This information is exactly as accurate as internet postings are. That's what I've been reading. A lot of folk dropped off the radar in May. Actively posting about wanting a Model 3 now gone. A couple posted they bought other cars, but mostly just vanished.
I just don't understand how they can advertise 4-6 months for new reservations today if they aren't even past day 1 reservations

I just don't understand how they can advertise 4-6 months for new reservations today if they aren't even past day 1 reservations
I think it's 4-6 months if you want the current $50k configuration (LR+PUP). If you want a cheaper model it's going to be much longer. They still have to sell the expensive configuration overseas too before they start selling cheaper ones.

So you're saying that of the 300,000+ people still sitting ahead of me, they all are waiting for the 35,000 model? Because to get it in 4-6 months, that would mean my invitation should be coming within the next 3-4 months for my 2nd reservation and I should be getting my first within a month..... I have one reservation I made in Jan 18 and then another in May of 2018. The first that comes up will be LR and the 2nd SR.

Somebody posted that even if you get an invite it's a 3-4 month estimated delivery.
3-4 months is for P/AWD. FP should be quicker, since in the shareholder mtg Elon said that NEW orders will have 3-4 months wait, not even 4-6.
I am thinking 2/3 of capacity will go towards FP for the next 3-4 months, which will fill all the demand in U.S. I'm also thinking they might get to 6-7k/week instead of 5k.
The reasons for my suspicion:
1. GF is said to be able to reach 5k/week with existing lines after April shutdown/improvements, yet they rushed in the new line from Germany by air. He previously said that line is as good as all existing combined.
2. Fremont is at 3.5K/week and new 3rd line was just added(few cars made, but not contributed to 3.5K). It is better than ##1,2. This should bring them instantly to 5K. Were there any other improvements to line 1&2 during May shutdown? Unknown. They were close to 3.5K even before the shutdown per his internal letter. In Q1 call he said they'll be adding 3rd shift and hiring people in May/June for that. I did not hear any news that 3rd shift is in place. If not, that can add 50% to 5K.
Meanwhile, they will be slowly ramping up P/AWD with 1/3 of capacity. Once FPs are done, capacity will switch to AWD and the U.S. AWD line will be close to gone by EOY. Then SRs remain for 2019 and overseas reservations.

See here @41:12

Last edited:
3-4 months is for P/AWD. FP should be quicker, since in the shareholder mtg Elon said that NEW orders will have 3-4 months wait, not even 4-6.
I am thinking 2/3 of capacity will go towards FP for the next 3-4 months, which will fill all the demand in U.S. I'm also thinking they might get to 6-7k/week instead of 5k.
Meanwhile, they will be slowly ramping up P/AWD with 1/3 of capacity. Once FPs are done, capacity will switch to AWD and the U.S. line will be close to gone by EOY. Then SRs remain for 2019 and overseas reservations.

So with your belief, I should have my first LR within 3 months? And then the SR mid to late next year?

So with your belief, I should have my first LR within 3 months? And then the SR mid to late next year?
I don't know your reservation date. Based on what Elon said, all current U.S. FP reservations will be gone in 3-4 months.
SRs will start @ end of 2018, but likely only few lucky day 1 reservations will get it and the majority are looking into 2019 to get it. I seriously hope it will not take them more than 6mo in 2019 to fill all the U.S. backlog, likely less. Considering that 1/2 or 2/3 of production will be going overseas at that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arpe
So bottom line is no one with 4/1/16 reservation has gotten their invite to configure yet like me? :mad::(

They really need to update their "estimated delivery" in our accounts! There's noway at this point I'd get mine by the end of July as indicated.

The ones that were issued seem to be located in the East, probably to ship with the Canadian cars.

The following link has recent VIN assignments ...
Tesla Model 3 Invites - Latest VIN

Mine is first day reservation online, not previous owner, in Texas, estimated delivery Jun-July
Got VIN assigned 6/4, was asked to make sure info is right on 6/4, said if payment made by 6/6 can deliver by 6/21 (takes 2 weeks to ship to TX). Looks like my car was pretty much built when they assigned the VIN.
Delivery should be even faster if in CA or west coast.

So presuming things are looking up for early reservation holders. Good luck!