Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New invoice in account with a price adjustment!?

G6JOJ

Mar 14, 2020
Milton Keynes
I’ve just noticed that an updated Final Invoice is showing in my account with a 'Price Adjustment' showing which with VAT added equates to £3,500.

I ordered after the government took away the grant for cars over £50k so shouldn't be getting that!

Spoke to sales at Westfield and they have no idea what's going on. Are trying to get hold of Black Horse to ask them!

Anyone else seeing anything like this?!

SamBGB

Mar 2, 2020
Glasgow
I assume this is a performance?

if so the government ended the grant for card £50k or over on the 12th March and you've said you ordered AFTER they took away the grant so £3500 would be payable. If you meant to say you ordered BEFORE they adjusted the grant then you would have been eligible for the grant as long as Tesla applied for the PCIG through the portal before then.

G6JOJ

Mar 14, 2020
Milton Keynes
I assume this is a performance?

if so the government ended the grant for card £50k or over on the 12th March and you've said you ordered AFTER they took away the grant so £3500 would be payable. If you meant to say you ordered BEFORE they adjusted the grant then you would have been eligible for the grant as long as Tesla applied for the PCIG through the portal before then.

Yep - M3P.

I did indeed order AFTER they changed the grant, and the original invoice and finance application showed the full amount without the grant, but they have since added a new invoice with a "price adjustment" to include £3.5k discount. Very odd.

I wondered if Tesla had randomly decided to reduce the car by £3.5 to encourage people to still buy - but the website still shows a new order at full price.

G6JOJ

Mar 14, 2020
Milton Keynes
I'm not sure but i thought the grant was linked to the vehicle, not the individual

Spoke to someone else and that was his assumption, that the grant has been transferred from a cancellation.

My order was originally due May/June so would make sense that I’ve now got someone else’s car/grant.

He wasn’t 100% sure though so I’m now awaiting callbacks from 2 different people!

Absolutely winning if this is the case!

Reactions: Mr H

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
Yup. Obviously a cancelled order if you didn’t order from inventory. Grant is tied to the vehicle not the owner.

Mr H

Jan 6, 2020
Manchester
Spoke to someone else and that was his assumption, that the grant has been transferred from a cancellation.

My order was originally due May/June so would make sense that I’ve now got someone else’s car/grant.

He wasn’t 100% sure though so I’m now awaiting callbacks from 2 different people!

Absolutely winning if this is the case!
Can i have the next Lottery numbers please? :D

G6JOJ

Mar 14, 2020
Milton Keynes
Finally heard back from Tesla - celebrated too early! Was a system error and the OLEV grant will not apply.

Like winning the lottery and then losing the ticket. Oh well - it'll quickly be forgotten once I have the car. Assuming everything with collection goes according to plan!

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
Yeah I would've just paid the invoice and then kicked off on the day of collection if they claimed there was a shortfall. Probably wouldn't make any difference, but would intuitively feel more likely to be successful.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC