Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New iPhone 13 Pro Max in a case does not work with the 2021 Model 3 wireless charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same with my iPhone 13 Pro on my 2020 M3 with OEM wireless charger. The camera bump prevents it from sitting flush.

I put a strip of black felt at the bottom of the charger (where the lip is) to raise the phone up and this resolved the issue.
I’d like to try this. Same issue here. Can you be a little more specific on the strip of felt? Is the case then not in contact with the charging pad, but somehow still works?

2022 Model Y
My iPhone 12 Pro Max with a thin, clear case, shows it’s connected, (like “charging “), but the phones battery percentage never increases.
Doesn’t make sense, the phone is getting power but it does not charge.

Seems kinda stupid to remove case every time.

Any suggestions or aftermarket products to booster the cars charging pads?

hmm i dont have an issue in the 2022 m3p charging the 1tbn pro 13 max. in my opinion, it seems tesla designed the space for the ifruit. i have a s22 ultra 1tb and an fold 3, and the fold 3 is difficult to charge there, and the s22 is a bit too wide.

edit -- i dont have the ifruit in a case

Not to bring up an older thread, but has anyone gotten a case other than the Apple leather MagSafe working with their iPhone 13 Pro Max and wireless charging in a Model 3? I have an Otterbox Commuter case and wireless charging does not work in the Tesla.

Otterbox makes what is probably the best-protecting cases out there.

Unfortunately they're very thick and it puts the phone's coil too high up from the charge pad. My wife's phone won't charge via wireless unless its Otterbox is removed where mine will (I have a silicone case from Apple.)

We've tried face-down and that doesn't work either (on either of our phones.)

Not to bring up an older thread, but has anyone gotten a case other than the Apple leather MagSafe working with their iPhone 13 Pro Max and wireless charging in a Model 3? I have an Otterbox Commuter case and wireless charging does not work in the Tesla.

I have an iPhone 13 Pro max in the Apple Leather MagSafe case and it barely works in my 3/22 production Model Y. I.e. the wireless connection is so flaky that it only works about 10% of the time and them quickly stops.

Just took delivery of my M3LR and have an Apple Iphone 13 Pro Max. I started with a Pelican slim case and then tried an Otter Box Symetry, clear back, rubber like case. No charging ability. Once I take it out of the case, it works fine.

On a brighter note, the Tesla save me from running into the back of a trash truck. My wife and I were engaged in a conversation and I wasn’t paying attention and the car alert brought me back to reality, however my safety score drapped to 49 percent for the day due to this and hard braking!!! Thank you, Tesla.

Reactions: bastrd_steve