Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New iPhone and Android Control Module for lighted rear appliqué

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not tested my applique and the apps on my iPhone (now iPhone 7 and iOS 10). I am aware that there have been Bluetooth issues with the new iOS, and in particular BMW is having fits with it. Also the FOBO folks are having trouble getting the TPMS sensors to work on the new iOS. A reboot seems to help for a while, but it's no real fix.

I'm wondering if it's timing related. For the last three days, I never saw Clear auto connect and could never connect.
Today, I can sometimes connect, and sometimes see clear auto connect. No discernible pattern or cause, although it seems if I clear auto connect, I can reliably connect. No known changes from yesterday to today.

I have not tested my applique and the apps on my iPhone (now iPhone 7 and iOS 10). I am aware that there have been Bluetooth issues with the new iOS, and in particular BMW is having fits with it. Also the FOBO folks are having trouble getting the TPMS sensors to work on the new iOS. A reboot seems to help for a while, but it's no real fix.

Well, I'm sort-of glad to hear it's not just my app having problems. Since I don't have an iPhone 7, I'm not sure how I'm going to go about troubleshooting the problem. Maybe wait a week or two to see if Apple pushes an update to fix it?

I can further confirm that a reboot of iPhone 7 running ios 10.01 and iphone 7 plus running ios10.1 (beta), allows the app to connect to the Bluetooth controller and function as designed. This definitely implies an issue with the os or more than likely the os/hardware combination with Apple.

Reactions: HankLloydRight