Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New iPhone Pairing Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My iPhone 8+ was paired when I got my Model Y in November 2021 (2022 model year). Today I bought a new iPhone, a 14. Everything transferred over from the old phone, When I run the app I can access my solar/Powerwall system as before. However for the car it tells me I have to pair it. I start the process, and it tells me to swipe the card, with an illustration of the card swooping onto the center console spot where it is placed to drive. However it does not pair when I put the card there. Or when I swoop it in as in the illustration. Or when I leave it there, slide it around, whatever. It never pairs. I've tried both cards. Both will unlock and let me drive. The car's software is 1011.44.30.5.

Thoughts?

I looked at Manage Drivers in the app on the old phone. I couldn't find any way to delete it. Which is to say, to delete myself.

I sent myself an invite. It told me I could not be added because I was already there.

Last edited:
SOLVED.

To be all set to all tech support I took both the old and new phones to the car, as well as my laptop and mouse. The old phone's Bluetooth was off, so I used the card to unlock. This time I wanted the dome light, so I used the card to get access to the screen. Then I hunted around on the screen and found where the two cards and old phone were listed, but didn't see anything there to pair a phone.

Back to the new phone, I opened the app, went to the car, and initiated the pairing. THIS time, with the car awake, and the car screen active, a prompt came up on the screen asking me if I approved the pairing. Which I did, and now it works.

Yes, it seems obvious in retrospect, and I admit to feeling a bit stupid. But it sure would have been nice if the app had told me about that up front.

Maybe someone else will find this and save themselves some time.