Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New(ish) front seats - how much did it cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not speaking about the recaro seats but the new(ish) seats tesla came out with about 6 months ago. My car is 14 months old and I've begun to notice that after being in the car all day my back hurts as does my tailbone. I'm looking to see how much tesla is charging to upgrade to the newer seats or are they?

Im not shure there is a diference beside the hight of headrest, if there is it is marginal - recently I sad in a September 2014 car with new (old) style seats (those with higher headrests) - and I belive it was a litle firmer compared with my own "old" performance seats - but could be due to it being new - or just the fact that seat posistion was diferent.

One thing that I have found is the best solution is to store 2 profiles in your tesla - make the seats a litle diferent in hight and tilt - this way while you are driving you can switch from profile #1 to profile #2 - you bag and but will like this, expecially on the long trips. :)

I have a "highway" and a "city" profile - but both can be used on a long highway trip.

I'm not speaking about the recaro seats but the new(ish) seats tesla came out with about 6 months ago. My car is 14 months old and I've begun to notice that after being in the car all day my back hurts as does my tailbone. I'm looking to see how much tesla is charging to upgrade to the newer seats or are they?

If you have the original seats, Tesla will modify them for you if you ask - no charge. They will not swap them out, but my understanding is they snip two springs - which results in a slightly softer seat at the bottom. Since you sink in a bit deeper, there is also better lateral support. I just had it done last week. Probably not as good as the new new Recaros, but a noticeable improvement! The procedure is irreversible, so you may want to go to service center and sit in a car with newer seats to make sure you want to do it...

If you have the original seats, Tesla will modify them for you if you ask - no charge. They will not swap them out, but my understanding is they snip two springs - which results in a slightly softer seat at the bottom. Since you sink in a bit deeper, there is also better lateral support. I just had it done last week. Probably not as good as the new new Recaros, but a noticeable improvement! The procedure is irreversible, so you may want to go to service center and sit in a car with newer seats to make sure you want to do it...

They would only do the mod to the drivers seat, so my wife still complains about her seats on any longest trips, and the back seats are even worse.

I sat in the new Recaro seats today at the San Diego store. They are absolutely amazing. No comparison at all to the old seats with the mod. Even the back seat are confortable now.

The spring adjustment only happens on the drivers' seat, though. The passenger seat is unchanged. That's on the oldest seats.

Then there's the "new" old seats that have been shipping for a little while. Those had more substantial changes.

Then there's the next generation seats. As noted, those are a complete re-design.

The spring adjustment only happens on the drivers' seat, though. The passenger seat is unchanged. That's on the oldest seats.

Then there's the "new" old seats that have been shipping for a little while. Those had more substantial changes.

Then there's the next generation seats. As noted, those are a complete re-design.

inwas wondering if anyone has had the new old seats put in to replace their original u comfy ones?