Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jeda Console Tray

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm keen because of the aesthetics of it, but I can't conceive of a situation where I would need to charge my watch on the go. Same with Airpods. Those sorts of devices are typically charged at the end of the day (or activity), in my experience.

I'm struggling to think of a scenario where I would need to charge my Airpods "on the go". Do people use them as a handsfree system in the car?

I'm keen because of the aesthetics of it, but I can't conceive of a situation where I would need to charge my watch on the go. Same with Airpods. Those sorts of devices are typically charged at the end of the day (or activity), in my experience.

I'm struggling to think of a scenario where I would need to charge my Airpods "on the go". Do people use them as a handsfree system in the car?
I'm with you on not needing to charge my watch on the go, but I do see having the airpods charging without cables handy for when I am on the road (not in the car) taking a call. I went ahead and ordered it with one of the $20 discount codes I saw this morning

I got mine last week.

Fits nice and snug.
I have a game controller underneath it stored as well.

333F366D-869D-4363-A06D-8DABC9630C7D.jpeg
6552D0FD-B5F7-486E-8CF3-D26FA1D84267.jpeg

Pretty much this IMO. I like the idea, for a night stand or desktop stand, but kind of pointless in a car.

Not sure who in their right mind would get into the car, want to take off their watch and charge it, and then put it back on before getting out of the car. The Apple Watch battery is designed to go all day and then you can charge it at home before either at night or in the morning, even if you wear it for sleep tracking. The watch charges up pretty quick.

Maybe I can see charging AirPods in the car, but again the battery life is really good on them that you would have be using the AirPods 24/7 in order to really drain the battery from the AirPods themselves and the case battery, if you really need to charge them in the car. If that were the case, I would just plug the USB-C to Lightning cable in and charge the AirPods case that way, and it'll probably charge faster anyways.

Reactions: Durzel
Pretty much this IMO. I like the idea, for a night stand or desktop stand, but kind of pointless in a car.

Not sure who in their right mind would get into the car, want to take off their watch and charge it, and then put it back on before getting out of the car. The Apple Watch battery is designed to go all day and then you can charge it at home before either at night or in the morning, even if you wear it for sleep tracking. The watch charges up pretty quick.

Maybe I can see charging AirPods in the car, but again the battery life is really good on them that you would have be using the AirPods 24/7 in order to really drain the battery from the AirPods themselves and the case battery, if you really need to charge them in the car. If that were the case, I would just plug the USB-C to Lightning cable in and charge the AirPods case that way, and it'll probably charge faster anyways.
Maybe the target owner is someone with questionable finances who bought a Model Y, couldn’t afford to pay his rent as a result of his car payments and ended up homeless, living in his car on the trunk mattress while charging his watch in the center console

Maybe the target owner is someone with questionable finances who bought a Model Y, couldn’t afford to pay his rent as a result of his car payments and ended up homeless, living in his car on the trunk mattress while charging his watch in the center console
LOL.
The only way I see using this tray is on vacation. Pretty much everyone in the family outfitted with Apple Watch and AirPods. So when we go on vacation we do not bring every charger we have. So we just share it. So May be while driving somewhere after beach day and getting some juice is the idea. But watch usually charges pretty fast.
I don’t think I need it.

Has anyone tried fitting the Jeda tray into an armrest tray? I like to keep tissues in the center console, and given the limited usb power for the earlier models I was thinking that it would be far better under the armrest using the 12v power supply. Unfortunately the geometry/fit is not given precisely on the Jeda website.