Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey EV Rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Jersey residents, is the EV Rebate up to $4k still available in 2023? Can't seem to find anything regarding if it's still active.
Ended 12/31

Reactions: insider
Ended 12/31
Only available in NJ if you purchased the short range rear wheel drive model 3. This blows considerably for NJ buyers, but hey no tax on EV vehicle purchases. Also don’t be surprised by the $399 car registration fee yearly to make up for the gas tax.

Reactions: insider and Rushore
Ended 12/31
This is a point of sale incentive now and yes it is available in 2023, the realtime funding status is at Available Funding | Charge Up New Jersey (njcleanenergy.com)

Reactions: streetskooler
I am in NJ. Ordered MY, the picture attached is my order and it shows the NJ $2k discount

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• FB96C8BF-2FC3-4855-9802-C423D4D1F315.jpeg
    FB96C8BF-2FC3-4855-9802-C423D4D1F315.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 687
I am in NJ. Ordered MY, the picture attached is my order and it shows the NJ $2k discount

Hope that helps!
Did you have to sign up in the NJ charge up program anywhere? Also if your a PSEG customer, there is a $1800 credit for installing a non Tesla charger like Enelx, Chargepoint , etc., don’t forget that either. It take about a month to 6 weeks for the credit to hit your PSEG account and only the non Tesla Charger qualify for peak charge of .11 cents and offpeak hours 9pm to 7am Mon to Fri and all weekends is .02 cents per kw. I had a charger installed Las summer when I got my MYP.

Did you have to sign up in the NJ charge up program anywhere? Also if your a PSEG customer, there is a $1800 credit for installing a non Tesla charger like Enelx, Chargepoint , etc., don’t forget that either. It take about a month to 6 weeks for the credit to hit your PSEG account and only the non Tesla Charger qualify for peak charge of .11 cents and offpeak hours 9pm to 7am Mon to Fri and all weekends is .02 cents per kw. I had a charger installed Las summer when I got my MYP.

Did not have to sign up. It popped up automatically when I reviewed my order.

The PSEG credit is up to $1500. With PSEG, its .11 cents per kW during peak and .02 offpeak??? WOW thats pretty good! Which charger did you end up getting?

The PSEG credit is up to $1500. With PSEG, its .11 cents per kW during peak and .02 offpeak??? WOW thats pretty good! Which charger did you end up getting?
Enelx 48 installed in my garage I purchased on sale from bulbs dot com , they did not charge me tax on the unit plus it was on sale. Picked up another unit to install outside of home. Enelx is the only one you can run parallel on the same circuit meaning you can charge 2 cars son same circuit.

I received the Tesla acknowledgment of Oder but does not have the $2k off yet. It’s probably going winter the system to calculate the state where it’s going to be registered. I would think they have my info since I purchase my MYP last Aug. how long did you have to wait after you place the order. I put a repost for the $250 so far.

I am registered in the program for a year now and can confirm it is a credit of $0.02 KWH and not a rate of $0.02 KWH, see the verbiage "The Residential Off-Peak Credit is approximately $0.02/kWh" on their program details site Electric Vehicle Program - PSE&G (pseg.com)

Only available in NJ if you purchased the short range rear wheel drive model 3. This blows considerably for NJ buyers, but hey no tax on EV vehicle purchases. Also don’t be surprised by the $399 car registration fee yearly to make up for the gas tax.
There‘s no $399 registration fee in NJ. I bought my MY in 2021. I might have paid that but it that was for 4-5 years of registration.

There‘s no $399 registration fee in NJ. I bought my MY in 2021. I might have paid that but it that was for 4-5 years of registration.
FWIW I just checked my NJ Registration. The registration fee for four years was $283.00 which comes out to $70.75 per year plus a $85.00 title fee. No NJ sales tax and I've already received my $1500 NJ PSE&G rebate for my Gen 3 HPWC.
Life is good here in NJ.
It is so nice getting into my warm 90% charged Y even on cold 20 degree mornings