Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Home Install Rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to know who has had a Tesla wall charger installed and got the rebate from
PSE&G?

I see PSE&G gives a rebate credit of up to 1500. I just want to confirm they do that for installation of the Tesla wall charger?

Also is there any rebates on the wall charger itself or just on juice boxx and charge point?

I think the off peak is only for charge point or juice boxx too

Just wanted to get some insight.

Thank you!

Yes, the $1500 rebate is good for Tesla chargers. It's taken me a lot of time to get all the required documents. PSE&G has a very good application that's very easy to upload docs to. Unfortunately, it's also frustrating as I thought my application was complete but apparently it isn't. I'll keep working away at it and will update as I go.

Reactions: bdhaduk
Update -- I just opened my PSE&G account for first time since I posted the above. (Your account is where you find the EV credit application.) To my great surprise, the $1500 credit was there.
So although my application kept indicating there were still missing documents, it just didn't reflect that all the requirements had been met - guess there was a time lag. I am thrilled and relieved!

Reactions: bdhaduk
thanks for the info @JudiBud. i have been looking for this info. two questions:

- Did you have to apply before getting the charger installed, and wait for some kind of approval before installation or does it not matter.

- how does the credit apply? do you not the get an electric bill until the 1500 credit runs out? or does a small part of of the $1500 apply to each bill?

i have some time before i get my M3, so want to follow the process while i have the time.

Update -- I just opened my PSE&G account for first time since I posted the above. (Your account is where you find the EV credit application.) To my great surprise, the $1500 credit was there.
So although my application kept indicating there were still missing documents, it just didn't reflect that all the requirements had been met - guess there was a time lag. I am thrilled and relieved!
Thanks for the update! Did you simply buy the charger from Tesla and find your own electrician to install, then submit the proof?

hey @JudiBud - did you have to upload receipts totalling $1500?