Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t even ordered the car yet. June 1 of next year is my target date since I have some other accounts paid in full at that point and it gives me the liquid in my monthly income to handle it.

This might help clarify a lot of the questions and the procedures when POS is implemented - https://www.njcleanenergy.com/files...e Up New Jersey For Public Comment cl 9_8.pdf

Bottom line NJBPU has their Fiscal Year starts in October and they have a funding of $30 million/year assuming there are no more budget cuts

Excellent Thread. I called them when I didn't hear anything after the initial approved email back in June. They said Covid delays, one batch went out and you're in the next. This has been confirmed by others as well as reddit threads. Thanks for the October Info. Hopefully charger rebate also kicks in soon?

This might help clarify a lot of the questions and the procedures when POS is implemented - https://www.njcleanenergy.com/files/file/RFC/FY21 Compliance FilingCharge Up New Jersey For Public Comment cl 9_8.pdf

Bottom line NJBPU has their Fiscal Year starts in October and they have a funding of $30 million/year assuming there are no more budget cuts

I’m taking delivery tomorrow. Am I screwed as it’s the last day of the quarter? Did the money run out for this quarter?

I was told that I couldn't apply for the NJ rebate until I receive my plates and registration - the temporary tag doesn't qualify as proof of ownership. I have the VIN, Sales Document, my DL, etc., but dont bother submitting until I get my plates - which during Covid, might be awhile...

I was told that I couldn't apply for the NJ rebate until I receive my plates and registration - the temporary tag doesn't qualify as proof of ownership. I have the VIN, Sales Document, my DL, etc., but dont bother submitting until I get my plates - which during Covid, might be awhile...

Did you send an application and then they told you that?

I applied with the temporary registration before I got my plates, no issues with that. Also plates and registrations are coming in about 2 to 3 weeks these days. Good luck.

Good luck! I see you’re in NJ also... would love to see an “experiment” with trickle charging when it starts getting cold out. I’m curious to see overnight gains on 5-15 standard outlets.

I emailed Charge Up NJ regarding funding and timing of purchase vs Fiscal year. This was their reply. It made me breathe easier.

Thank you for your email and interest in Charge Up New Jersey. I can confirm that we are actively accepting and processing applications. The date you purchase the vehicle does not have any effect on your incentive in terms of the funding periods. Apply when you have the necessary documents. If there are any changes or updates they will be made available on the website.

My delivery is scheduled for Saturday and I plan to file the minute I get back. Taking delivery in NJ, registered in NJ, licensed in NJ, so I'm hoping it's straightforward. Already got the sale tax waiver on the MVPA which was a nice bit of change.

Reactions: Pilot1226
Took delivery on 9/8
Filed for the rebate on 9/10
I filed with the temporary registration, my driver's license (and mine has a PO Box), and the entire paperwork I got at delivery time, not the mvpa.​
Today, 10/8, almost a month later received this response -

Dear Xxxxxxx,

Congratulations! Your Charge Up New Jersey Incentive application has been approved for your Tesla Model Y for $5,000.00.

We typically issue checks within 30 days of application approval. You will receive an email once your check has been placed in the mail. Delays beyond normal processing times may occur.

In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Charge Up New Jersey Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

Office: (877) 426-2474
[email protected]
chargeup.njcleanenergy.com

Took delivery on 9/8
Filed for the rebate on 9/10
I filed with the temporary registration, my driver's license (and mine has a PO Box), and the entire paperwork I got at delivery time, not the mvpa.​
Today, 10/8, almost a month later received this response -

which paperwork did you send them? I took delivery on 9/30. Submitted on 10/02. Sent them my financing agreement. It seems to have all the information they needed. I didn’t know what else to send in besides that. Of course my DL and Temp Registration.

which paperwork did you send them? I took delivery on 9/30. Submitted on 10/02. Sent them my financing agreement. It seems to have all the information they needed. I didn’t know what else to send in besides that. Of course my DL and Temp Registration.
probably good. I paid in cash, no loan.

The final docs included the sales tax exemption, a final mvpa that was like the one tesla put in my account but includes, registration & title fees, etc. It also has an NJ title application, and some other docs. Probably some aren't needed but given that they don't tell you exactly what to send I sent everything I got at delivery which was 13 pages.

I contacted them and asked about my status in 9/25 and got this answer
Thank you for your email. I have checked the status of your application. Your application is waiting on review. At the moment we are processing applications within 30 days of receiving the documents, delays can occur depending on the amount of applications we receive.

Once we get to your application you will receive email updates as your application moves through the system. These email updates will include when your application is submitted, request for more documents (if needed), approval, and finally, when your check is in the mail. If a request is made for more documents, you will have 14 days to reply.

Reactions: Pilot1226
probably good. I paid in cash, no loan.

The final docs included the sales tax exemption, a final mvpa that was like the one tesla put in my account but includes, registration & title fees, etc. It also has an NJ title application, and some other docs. Probably some aren't needed but given that they don't tell you exactly what to send I sent everything I got at delivery which was 13 pages.

I contacted them and asked about my status in 9/25 and got this answer

I don’t remember getting a sales tax exemption form but living in NJ luckily I didn’t pay sales tax on the vehicle. I just don’t remember seeing a separate form. Maybe because it’s part of the financing paperwork. You have a similar build to mine. Red with Black. I didn’t get the 20” induction wheels because of our horrible NJ roads and not wanting to tempt fate with flat tires. They were tempting though because then20” inductions look amazing. I also didn’t get tow hitch because I’ve never towed anything ever. I did. Upgrade to Enhanced Auto Pilot and love it. I’m considering the Acceleration boost. I wish you the best of luck with it. We are heading to DE fro a few weeks. Looking forward to taking the MY on its first road trip with supercharger stops.