Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.
What this rebate is and how do I get it? Any other rebates?

I only know that we don't pay NJ sales tax when buying Tesla, that's all.

Thank you.
The current rebate is from NJ PSE&G. They issue a $1500 credit on your electric bill. I received my credit last week

Attachments

• PSE&G NJ Rebate IMG_8120.JPG
    PSE&G NJ Rebate IMG_8120.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: SpicyPaneer
I’m on their website and don’t see anything about this rebate. Do you have more information? What is the rebate for exactly?
The PSE&G rebate is for the cost of upgrading your electric service to support an EV charger.
You must create a login and password on the PSE&G website and you will be able to view your current bill.
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and enter the EV Portal.
Closely follow the instructions and upload all of the required documents including the permits.

Attachments

• PSE&G EV Portal IMG_8126.JPG
    PSE&G EV Portal IMG_8126.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 59
Be careful, I missed last year's rebate because I ordered my car 2 weeks before it went into effect BASED ON ORDER DATE, even though I took delivery much later. If I had delayed, I would have likely been caught by another price increase, so it wasn't all bad.

Be careful, I missed last year's rebate because I ordered my car 2 weeks before it went into effect BASED ON ORDER DATE, even though I took delivery much later. If I had delayed, I would have likely been caught by another price increase, so it wasn't all bad.
That's not what they are discussing - this rebate is for installing an EVSE at home, not a rebate from the State on an EV. I missed the 2021 version of the EV rebate as well, but the tax savings were plenty for me (and the fact that I paid $53k (including the $1200 fee) out the door for my car!).

Reactions: howardnj
Once you are declared qualified it should only take a couple of weeks to see the $1500 credit on your PSE&G bill.
Keep checking your PSE&G account.

You were able to get the PSEG rebate with a Tesla Wall connector? It is not listed as a eligible charger for rebate even if installed by a licensed NJ electrician.

Can you clarify if you got the rebate with a Tesla Wall Connector

Thanks

You were able to get the PSEG rebate with a Tesla Wall connector? It is not listed as a eligible charger for rebate even if installed by a licensed NJ electrician.

Can you clarify if you got the rebate with a Tesla Wall Connector

Thanks
Yes I received the NJ PSE&G rebate with my Tesla Wall Connector.
Log into your PSE&G account and scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the EV portal.
Closely follow the instructions!
The only issue is currently one will not qualify for the time of day lower rate because the TWC currently does not transmit that info to PSE&G
My PSE&G $1500.00 rebate credit is now down to $1200. I guess by winter time I'll have to start paying again. :(

Yes I received the NJ PSE&G rebate with my Tesla Wall Connector.
Log into your PSE&G account and scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the EV portal.
Closely follow the instructions!
The only issue is currently one will not qualify for the time of day lower rate because the TWC currently does not transmit that info to PSE&G
My PSE&G $1500.00 rebate credit is now down to $1200. I guess by winter time I'll have to start paying again. :(
Thanks for confirming. I want to install the TWC but being ineligible for the rebate was holding me back and look for alternatives.

Quick question and I hope somebody can help me, I am currently applying for the PSEG rebate and they were asking me for the invoice for the Tesla Wall Connector. My concern is, I bought my TWC brand new from a guy who used to own a Tesla and he never had the chance to install it to his apartment as he was relocating to a different state that is why he sold his M3 and the TWC.

Am i going to have an issue with my PSEG rebate application since they were asking for the invoice? does anybody had the same experience? Thanks in advance.