Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies that this topic may not be relevant to this particular forum- I bought the Model Y in New Jersey in November, and the registration was done by the dealership. Only now did I realize that although I have a permanent license plate, I never got my actual physical registration. Was I supposed to get it? I just found a mail from my financing bank that requested my title change to the bank, and this is why I just realized I didn't even have my registration. Is this all related?

Go inline here and see if you can get a copy without going to the MVC. You should have received it with the plates if a new registration. The bank should have received the title. It's also past due if you transferred the registration on a trade in. Your dealer should have done a new one as the new car registration is good for 4 years.

Reactions: howardnj
Go inline here and see if you can get a copy without going to the MVC. You should have received it with the plates if a new registration. The bank should have received the title. It's also past due if you transferred the registration on a trade in. Your dealer should have done a new one as the new car registration is good for 4 years.

Wow I wonder why I never got it. Thanks for the link, about to go order a replacement now.