Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone have mud-flaps and ppf installed? Mine didn't and I thought they were supposed to be installed in the NE. (I've scheduled service via the app, so hopefully they can be installed) just wondering if others had them when they picked up
I don't know about PPF or how to check, but my MY (above) didn't have mud flaps. I had actually bought them from Tesla ahead of time, so I installed them and was glad I didn't have to return them.

Reactions: MackleMonster
Mine got pushed back around the same time frame, initially was showing mid-Dec. I think the 7 seater is killing me, or in general, NJ folks are getting pushed back =(
In the August thread, it seems like some of those pushed way out a week ago, have been brought back in and have VINs. You may still luck out and not have to wait until Feb/March.

Jersey peeps! I should be picking up MYP in the upcoming weeks. Im really hoping they dont drill the front plate bracket.

Did any of you guys have issues with them drilling your front bumper?
I picked up my MYLR from Paramus on Monday. I still have temp plates. I should get the permanent plates by Jan 10th.

The dealer also gave me the mounting bracket for the front plate for self-install. (Their service center is closed from the flash flooding damage in September, so they only do deliveries from Paramus.) The brackets appears to attach to the front bumper with adhesives. The plate screws into the bracket with 4 four screws. Seems really simple. I would suspect your dealer will use the same part.

I did have one question. I don't have a NJ inspection sticker. I wonder if that was an overbite or if I get that when I pick up the plates? Does anyone know?

I picked up my MYLR from Paramus on Monday. I still have temp plates. I should get the permanent plates by Jan 10th.

The dealer also gave me the mounting bracket for the front plate for self-install. (Their service center is closed from the flash flooding damage in September, so they only do deliveries from Paramus.) The brackets appears to attach to the front bumper with adhesives. The plate screws into the bracket with 4 four screws. Seems really simple. I would suspect your dealer will use the same part.

I did have one question. I don't have a NJ inspection sticker. I wonder if that was an overbite or if I get that when I pick up the plates? Does anyone know?
NJ does not require Electric Vehicles to be inspected. Ever! Awesome.

Reactions: G.D.H and Jbiddy
When you bring your car to NJDMV they are testing emissions. Tesla EV's today have no local emissions so NJ drivers need no inspection.
But we do need a front plate. We see the local cops looking for that. We went with a locking bracket. If the Tesla bracket adhesive falls off who is going to buy you a new front plate? DMV is going to want $$$ you know it.

Hello from Voorhees, New Jersey

My model Y order date was October 4th, 2021. Red, white interior, 19” tires. Original delivery date, August 2022. Moved up to February 21st to March 21st, 2022. I’m hoping they move me up closer! I am ready with my charger. This will be an additional EV to my 2016 Chevrolet Volt.

Attachments

• 88BE9FAB-FC31-4AEB-9DCE-8D675668DA29.jpeg
    88BE9FAB-FC31-4AEB-9DCE-8D675668DA29.jpeg
    463.9 KB · Views: 60
OD 9/11. Original delivery date was Feb. then it went to March-April Then to August, then back to March-April and not it’s has been stuck in a September for more then a month. not sure what’s going on.