Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
I changed configuration from lr blue inductions to same but with gemini after vin was assigned a few weeks ago. Finally reassigned vin of 66k today. Hopeful that maybe this vin will have the new glass. I'm guessing since the vin was assigned today sa will schedule an appt for pickup with me in about a week and I'll get the car in mid nov?

I changed configuration from lr blue inductions to same but with gemini after vin was assigned a few weeks ago. Finally reassigned vin of 66k today. Hopeful that maybe this vin will have the new glass. I'm guessing since the vin was assigned today sa will schedule an appt for pickup with me in about a week and I'll get the car in mid nov?

Nice! I'm sure that's right. What was the impetus behind the move from the inductions back to the geminis?

Nice! I'm sure that's right. What was the impetus behind the move from the inductions back to the geminis?
I'm a bit nervous that the 20s ride will be more stiff and potential for a blow out on the roads in jersey. I'm not that concerned where I am in the suburbs but traveling, it's possible. I decided I'll probably try out the geminis for a while, maybe buy some snow tires once the I get the car and if the look of the wheels still bother me come next spring I'll get something on t sportsline.

I have heard from a lot of people on this forum the ride can be a bit stiff even on the 19s let alone the 20s. I'm hoping it was just the case on the earlier produced model ys. I know its going to be an adjustment going from a highlander to this but I don't want my wife to have any more reasons not to want to take the new tesla on trips. She is already a Tesla hater as it is. Well more just elon musk because of his Twitter rants. I'm not a fan of them either but ehh I realize we need a 2nd car and I can't imagine getting and ice especially with the incentives for ev in jersey.

Hopefully the newer 2021s have a more comfortable ride and it's not as much of an issue as some ppl have posted.

Reactions: communicore
I'm a bit nervous that the 20s ride will be more stiff and potential for a blow out on the roads in jersey. I'm not that concerned where I am in the suburbs but traveling, it's possible. I decided I'll probably try out the geminis for a while, maybe buy some snow tires once the I get the car and if the look of the wheels still bother me come next spring I'll get something on t sportsline.

I have heard from a lot of people on this forum the ride can be a bit stiff even on the 19s let alone the 20s. I'm hoping it was just the case on the earlier produced model ys. I know its going to be an adjustment going from a highlander to this but I don't want my wife to have any more reasons not to want to take the new tesla on trips. She is already a Tesla hater as it is. Well more just elon musk because of his Twitter rants. I'm not a fan of them either but ehh I realize we need a 2nd car and I can't imagine getting and ice especially with the incentives for ev in jersey.

Hopefully the newer 2021s have a more comfortable ride and it's not as much of an issue as some ppl have posted.
I picked up at the end of September and have the 19 inch wheels. The car even with the 19 inch wheels feels like it has very stiff suspension. I drive an Audi A4 and my wife used to drive a Lexus ES 300h. The suspension feels much more like the Audi on sport settings, while the Lexus always felt very "floaty" to me. I think the Y may be even a little stiffer then the A4. Despite small changes to the vehicle, I do not see something structural like this to changing any time soon.

I picked up at the end of September and have the 19 inch wheels. The car even with the 19 inch wheels feels like it has very stiff suspension. I drive an Audi A4 and my wife used to drive a Lexus ES 300h. The suspension feels much more like the Audi on sport settings, while the Lexus always felt very "floaty" to me. I think the Y may be even a little stiffer then the A4. Despite small changes to the vehicle, I do not see something structural like this to changing any time soon.
Appreciate the comparison and advice. I'll try to get out and test drive it this week, see if it's anything that will bother me that much. I know I will catch too much flack from wife if I get a different tesla model. I guess worst case I can always get some aftermarket stuff too soften it up once work improves and I start having more disposable income.

Just made my “final payment” so it feels real now .. the final countdown has begun .. now just hoping for no major issues when inspecting to accept delivery

Not trying to jinx you or anything, but what happens if you decide to reject the car? Will you get your money back or do they just hold it while you wait for your next delivery? I never really thought about it, but I just assumed you'd pay at the time of pickup, after you agreed to accept the car. But now with the contactless pickup, what happens there? Hopefully someone's in this NJ thread can talk to the contactless pickup procedure?

Not trying to jinx you or anything, but what happens if you decide to reject the car? Will you get your money back or do they just hold it while you wait for your next delivery? I never really thought about it, but I just assumed you'd pay at the time of pickup, after you agreed to accept the car. But now with the contactless pickup, what happens there? Hopefully someone's in this NJ thread can talk to the contactless pickup procedure?
I’m picking up on Friday and was told I can just bring a personal check the day of

Reactions: SmileMore
Just made my “final payment” so it feels real now .. the final countdown has begun .. now just hoping for no major issues when inspecting to accept delivery
I think you get put back in a pool to get assigned a new vin if they can’t really fix the car. I think we are passed that and only really heard of those kind of issues months ago but someone please correct me if I am wrong