Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Attempted first pickup in springfield today lr blue/black gemis. Vin 66k. Unfortunately the trunk panel gaps on rear and left side looked a bit off. The right back seat didn't align with the rest. Spoke with sales person. They didn't seem concerned about fixing panel gaps but claimed they couldn't guarantee they could fix the back seat issue and most likely couldn't Told them take a day or 2 see if your service area can fix, if not no big deal reassign me a new vin. A potential rattle from the back seat would drive me nuts, not something I could live with. And yes for those wondering did have laminated glass.

Hopefully they can repair or attempt #2 goes smoother. White y in front of me has same seat issue in the back. Not sure if it's just something Im suppose to accept but I'm just not thrilled with at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: MrWattson
Anyone know how early the cars get there for delivery day? Wondering if they get a few days to be inspected or if they usually get dropped off the day before
Would love to hear from someone who got their car already! **Based on info I have that cars were being delivered this morning (assuming mine is among them), and that earliest date that available for pickup was Thursday the 12th, thinking that they spend a few days to inspect, (wash?) etc.

Would love to hear from someone who got their car already! **Based on info I have that cars were being delivered this morning (assuming mine is among them), and that earliest date that available for pickup was Thursday the 12th, thinking that they spend a few days to inspect, (wash?) etc.

I had to wait a few minutes extra for mine bc they were washing it when i got there -- i dont really think they did and adjustments when i picked up my car but i didnt find anything really - starting to wonder if i looked hard enough

I am guessing there is a sticker on the T logo on the steering wheel bc there seems to be some kind of adhesive i cannot get off - waiting for a call back to see what they recommend

Picked up my 2021 Model Y LR White with Black Interior on Saturday 7th. Been a crazy week but I wanted to share my experience picking up from Paramus.

First off, everyone that I interacted with with extremely nice and honest. My Tesla Advisor was wonderful and not disturbed at all by my long printed checklists and hours spent inspecting the vehicle with a fine tooth comb.

Secondly, and I know this goes without saying to all of you, but damn this thing really is a beautiful piece of engineering =]
ModelY.JPG

When I arrived the car was covered in condensation, which makes inspecting much of the exterior nearly impossible. Had to allow the sun to cook off the moisture before I could really check things properly. Overall I was very pleased and accepted delivery but here were my findings and what has happened so far...

1. The front driver side quarter panel had a small scratch on it, my advisor had a service tech come outside and he buffed it on the spot and it looked perfect afterwards.

2. The front passenger door was rubbing on the front passenger side quarter panel just ever so slightly. This could be heard as a tiny click when opening and closing the door, which was resulting in some damage to paint. They took it into the shop on the spot and adjusted the door and attempted to fix the paint which took about 45min total. The door no longer rubs but I still needed to make a future service appointment to fix the paint correctly since this is how they left it looking.
Door_Paint.JPG

3. Also in terms of the front passenger door there is a bit of a height difference between the fender and door which they said could be adjusted so this was added to service appointment.
door_2_fender.JPG

4. Quarter panel rear glass gap difference passenger side. Uneven gaps, said they could balance it so this was added to service appointment.
rear_glass_gap_diff.JPG

5. Driver side tail light to charge port panel gap. Said this is difficult to change but added it to service appointment anyway.
tail_light_2_charge_port.JPG

6. Passenger front door handle is a bit underflush. The other 3 are literally perfect so its just annoying that 1 isn't. They claim that the handles are sort of a one time install and they there really isn't any changing it without replacing a door, but I added it to service appointment anyway.
door_handle.JPG

7. Noticed this red stuff under the body, which I was told is just excess battery compartment sealant. It was around the whole perimeter like this for me.
red_stuff.JPG

8. Moving to interior. Where the headliner meets the roof glass there was some plastic or something sticking out in a few places, without asking even they removed it when they took the car in the service center for the door fix, still mentioned it on my service appointment to be double checked as ok. Sorry I didn't catch a pic of this.

9. Missing panel in rear of console. Made a service appointment for this as they didn't have one in stock to just slap on.
missing_console_panel.JPG

10. Rear passanger side seat higher then left two seats. Made a service appointment for this, we'll see if they can adjust or not.
rear_seat_heights.JPG

11. Some smudge marks on driver side A piller, hard to notice unless in the right light but this pic shows it well. Made service appointment for this, assume they will just attempt to clean it.
a_piller_dirt.JPG

My best advice to everyone is come prepared, take as much time as you like, and be honest but kind about every one of your concerns. It's a big purchase and an awesome investment, but you should feel fully satisfied or you shouldn't take it home. My drive so far has been nothing short of amazing and I've already received 2 software updates in just 5 days of ownership. I couldn't be happier to be a part of the electric future and I wish you all the best luck with your future deliveries!

Reactions: DanDi58
wow missing panel.... did nobody look at the car before they showed it to you?
Not to defend them for missing this, but when sitting in the backseat you really couldn't notice it. I got on my hands and knees to look underneath the seats and such which is when it became wildly obvious. They went into the back to see if they even had a full console kit to steal the panel from but unfortunately they didn't have any of those in stock either. Seems like it'll take them two seconds to pop a new one in when I go for the service appointment early December.

Waiting is over. Picked mine up today. From what we saw the passenger side taillight was slightly out of alignment but all else looked good. Will go back over everything again in the morning and daylight. They, of course, said the taillight was, "in spec", but noted it said I can schedule an appointment and they will see if they can improve it.

About a 20 mile drive home and love it so far. Looking forward to getting more familiar over the weekend.

Overall, the pickup experience was quick and easy.

Reactions: fmerc
Sad to report my iPhone 12 pro max does not charge on the wireless pad with or without the case
There are charging issues with the new iPhone's with several companies wireless charging pads, including Apple's own new MagSafe charger. I personally experienced this and can tell you that you need to 1. Make sure your phone is updated to the very latest firmware as Apple starting implementing some fixes for these issues 2. Perform a HARD reset of your iPhone follow this How to Hard Reset or Force Restart All iPhone 12 Models
The root cause of the issues is quite complicated, and not totally understood publicly, but do some googling and you will see what I mean if you care to. Some wireless pad manufacturers like Belkin are even pushing firmware updates for their wireless charging pads. Seems that won't be necessary in Tesla's case, but would be curious to know if that's even something they could do.

There are charging issues with the new iPhone's with several companies wireless charging pads, including Apple's own new MagSafe charger. I personally experienced this and can tell you that you need to 1. Make sure your phone is updated to the very latest firmware as Apple starting implementing some fixes for these issues 2. Perform a HARD reset of your iPhone follow this How to Hard Reset or Force Restart All iPhone 12 Models
The root cause of the issues is quite complicated, and not totally understood publicly, but do some googling and you will see what I mean if you care to. Some wireless pad manufacturers like Belkin are even pushing firmware updates for their wireless charging pads. Seems that won't be necessary in Tesla's case, but would be curious to know if that's even something they could do.

I always download the most recent software as soon as it is available as I am somewhat of an Apple fan boy lol .. i will give a hard reset a try and report back

well good news it works without the case on now.. bad news is I’ll have to take the case off to charge .. first world problems I guess

was it a regular Apple case or third party? I took my father in law for a drive and I put my iPhone 11Pro on the charger and told him he could charge his Galaxy also but we couldn’t get it to charge I was wondering if it was the length but I turned the phone every which way to try to get it touching the right spot. I was wondering if it was the otter box case. My wife put her 12Pro down and it charges next to mine no issues and both have apple cases.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20+ -which is a relatively large phone. When I picked up my MY on Friday, it was not charging. The advisor said I may need to take it out the case due to size. We tested the charge pad in the MY with my wife's smaller iPhone and it was fine.

Yesterday, we headed out for a ride and errands to test the MY, I set my phone on the charge pad and in the case and headed out. I just set there as rest place as driving and not to charge. I was probably at an 85% or so charge when we left, and when we returned, I was at 100%. So apparently, it may just be finicky as to position for a large phone in a thick case. I will test it out over the coming days.

Reactions: jmallit
was it a regular Apple case or third party? I took my father in law for a drive and I put my iPhone 11Pro on the charger and told him he could charge his Galaxy also but we couldn’t get it to charge I was wondering if it was the length but I turned the phone every which way to try to get it touching the right spot. I was wondering if it was the otter box case. My wife put her 12Pro down and it charges next to mine no issues and both have apple cases.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max with an Apple leather case - no dice. It seems to be the position of the charging coils do not line up. I took the bottom piece off the pad and kept repositioning the phone and then it started charging but there is no way it would actually fit in that spot all assembled.

I ordered the Jeda one but now i am hearing horror stories about the company so idk what im going to do...

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max with an Apple leather case - no dice. It seems to be the position of the charging coils do not line up. I took the bottom piece off the pad and kept repositioning the phone and then it started charging but there is no way it would actually fit in that spot all assembled.

I ordered the Jeda one but now i am hearing horror stories about the company so idk what im going to do...
Yeah I am one of the people living through the horror of Jeda right now. They claim it will ship this week. If not I’ll be going to Amex to dispute the charge. My brother got one from them for his 3 a few years ago but never ordered it for his Y.

Reactions: fmerc