Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered and completed my profile on 09/14. Still no EDD showing for me. My order is MYLR white with gemini wheels and black interior. I did get that email for signing the EV charge up form for the incentive which I did. Hoping to see some update to atleast show an EDD.

Whats up everyone? Central NJ here. Placed my order today MYP/MSM/Blk/tow hitch. I took a test drive at Tesla in Lawrence Twp and enjoyed the drive. My son was a little sad that I will be selling my X5, but then he found the Tesla Fart app. Needless to say, he was sold.

ETA is December, but I told the advisor that I will be kicking my order down the road into 2022 for the potential tax credit and model year change. So hopefully some time in January, it will be new car day for me. Already looking at wheels since 21" rims on summer tires isn't gonna cut it in the winter. I will be switching to 20" all seasons on some new shoes.

Reactions: Looree
Does anyone know if a VIN is required to gain financing (Tesla or Third-party) and insurance quotes in NJ? I have yet to undertake both of those efforts. I currently have NJM for car insurance and might switch if lower elsewhere and probably will use DCU or Picatinny CU to finance.

Does anyone know if a VIN is required to gain financing (Tesla or Third-party) and insurance quotes in NJ? I have yet to undertake both of those efforts. I currently have NJM for car insurance and might switch if lower elsewhere and probably will use DCU or Picatinny CU to finance.
I believe for insurance yes. Tesla requires a Vin on the policy.

We use NJM. The VIN was required for coverage but not for quotes. We have used NJM for over 30 years now.
Please let us know if you find a better deal apples to apples in NJ. Did you get add a quote for GAP insurance also? Thanks.

We use NJM. The VIN was required for coverage but not for quotes. We have used NJM for over 30 years now.
Please let us know if you find a better deal apples to apples in NJ. Did you get add a quote for GAP insurance also? Thanks.

Will do! I haven't researched any new quotes just yet but now that I have my question answered I will start soon.

I may or may not stick with NJM because we are moving to GA next year so that will eventually negate my qualification to keep NJM.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Ordered MYLR, Blue, Tow Hitch on July 6th. Update on delivery date is April 4 to May 2. Dealer location is Lawrenceville, NJ. Did anyone else in NJ see their EDD move so far into next year! I have seen some EDD for July orders coming through. Not sure why mine is getting so delayed into next year

Ordered MYLR, Blue, Tow Hitch on July 6th. Update on delivery date is April 4 to May 2. Dealer location is Lawrenceville, NJ. Did anyone else in NJ see their EDD move so far into next year! I have seen some EDD for July orders coming through. Not sure why mine is getting so delayed into next year
I ordered July 29th for a blue MYLR, no tow hitch, showing Nov 16-Dec 14 for the Springfield location. Prior to this EDD it had shown January. These EDD dates are all over the place.

Reactions: RichAuntie444
Order place on 08/25 - MYLR- Midnight silver, no tow, no FSD, pick up cherry hill. no time was visible initially then recently it was updated to December 08 - December 31st, now it shows feb 1st - march 1st.

Squash your second thoughts! Don't sweat the quality issues. They will repair them. I'm more interested in the battery and computer operation of the vehicle!
They won’t repair delivery issues without a fight. Currently in a back and forth with Cherry Hill service (day guy at service desk) over paint issues from delivery weekend over a month ago. Seriously frustrating to be told a crappy touch up job is the best they can do, even though it was reported within the first 3 days.

Whatever they tell you during pickup about reporting it through the app is trash as the service guy will just throw “it wasn’t on the due bill” back in your face.