Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here used DCU to pay in NJ? MY EDD got moved up and of course DCU missed something on my paper work so the check my not be sent out in time overnight. Was supposed to pick it up Wednesday. They did say my tracking information will have a picture of the check.

My question is have you had any issues paying with a bank check at Paramus or is ACH the only option? I know the bank can mail the check to tesla directly in Cali. Just curious what my options are. TIA.

Anyone here used DCU to pay in NJ? MY EDD got moved up and of course DCU missed something on my paper work so the check my not be sent out in time overnight. Was supposed to pick it up Wednesday. They did say my tracking information will have a picture of the check.

My question is have you had any issues paying with a bank check at Paramus or is ACH the only option? I know the bank can mail the check to tesla directly in Cali. Just curious what my options are. TIA.
Paramus accepts bank check at delivery. You just need to make sure the name and amount is correct. It's currently contact-less delivery (but there are still people inside temporary trailer in case you have any question). When you arrive you just look for the car with your name tag inside. Inside it will have a clipboard with all the paper you need to sign, just sign that, attach bank check to the clipboard and drop it off in the dropbox before drive off. Pretty easy. Good luck and congrats!

Paramus accepts bank check at delivery. You just need to make sure the name and amount is correct. It's currently contact-less delivery (but there are still people inside temporary trailer in case you have any question). When you arrive you just look for the car with your name tag inside. Inside it will have a clipboard with all the paper you need to sign, just sign that, attach bank check to the clipboard and drop it off in the dropbox before drive off. Pretty easy. Good luck and congrats!
Thank you very much, getting a hold of someone who works at the actual dealership is difficult. This gave me a peace of mind. Hopefully DCU got to ship it out in time.

Picked up this beauty from Paramus today. MYP Thankfully no issues. Process was super smooth and touch-less. I originally ordered a MYLR October 10th with an EDD of March, upgraded to a MYP a week later and EDD was December. Last week it got updated for this week.
IMG_3392.jpg

Does anyone know how long it took approxirately to receive title and permanent license plate from DMV? It's been almost a month and I still haven't received mine, just wondering if the timing is normal. Thank you.
Tesla likes to wait until the last minute on this item.
Have read on a forum some owner had to wait three days past temp registration expiration to get the package!
Our NJ plates arrived a day before temp expiration.

Picked up my MYP at Paramus today. They are working out of a construction trailer in the parking lot due to the roof collapse and humorously enough the delivery process was more hands-off then my delivery last November in the middle of Covid. Anyway, newest family member.

Couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful November day that thankfully made the summer tires a non-issue. All-seasons go on tomorrow.

1637285235897.jpeg

Picked up my MYP at Paramus today. They are working out of a construction trailer in the parking lot due to the roof collapse and humorously enough the delivery process was more hands-off then my delivery last November in the middle of Covid. Anyway, newest family member.

Couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful November day that thankfully made the summer tires a non-issue. All-seasons go on tomorrow.

View attachment 734558
Congrats! Which all season did you order and where do you plan to take to have them mounted?

Reactions: SweetLou126
I got new 19” wheels and Conti ExtremeContact DSW06 Pluses. If there is any meaningful improvement in range might well keep them on year round and sell the Ubers.

Having a local shop mount and balance the tires since I had to source the wheels/tires/TPMS separately and I will install myself.

View attachment 734558
Great to hear! I'm taking my delivery at Paramus on Monday, and I was curious about it. Is that pic inside of a temporary garage at Paramus or at your place?

Reactions: NJEV-Don
Quick summary of the pickup at Paramus; When you arrive they have signage to direct you to the pickup location which is the front row of parking nearest Rt 17. They have some signage cobbled together instructing you to scan a QR Code that drops you to a website to register you are there for pickup so you can get access to the car. Once in the car you will have a few signatures to do then toss it in a drop box, scan another QR code saying you are good to go and you are on your way.

Quick summary of the pickup at Paramus; When you arrive they have signage to direct you to the pickup location which is the front row of parking nearest Rt 17. They have some signage cobbled together instructing you to scan a QR Code that drops you to a website to register you are there for pickup so you can get access to the car. Once in the car you will have a few signatures to do then toss it in a drop box, scan another QR code saying you are good to go and you are on your way.
Did you feel rushed? Did you have time to do a thorough inspection of the car? Any issues with the car such as fit and finish, paint issues, missing usb-c ports?