Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you feel rushed? Did you have time to do a thorough inspection of the car? Any issues with the car such as fit and finish, paint issues, missing usb-c ports?

You can take as long as you need to inspect the car. No notable issues with regards to fit/finish. Better then the MYLR I picked up a year ago. No missing ports/floor mats or other things I have seen noted around here from other people. My biggest gripe is my trunk close button is a little crooked :)

Reactions: NJEV-Don
You can take as long as you need to inspect the car. No notable issues with regards to fit/finish. Better then the MYLR I picked up a year ago. No missing ports/floor mats or other things I have seen noted around here from other people. My biggest gripe is my trunk close button is a little crooked :)
Thanks for the info. You pay with a cashiers check that day? I am reluctant to do a wire transfer since I would want to check the car over thoroughly before paying.

Got my blue MY LR 2 weeks ago, have already put in more than 600 miles. It drives great, has neat control on sharp corners. Seats are comfortable. It has the best driving quality of my European cars combined. Has 1 year prime connection, not just a month. Don't have the mud flips, through.

Last edited:
Just picked up Bluey, had some paint scratch issues on the front bumper, but that's pretty much it. It was getting dark so don't have any pics yet. Very straight forward and quick.

Picked mine up today in Paramus. 22 Model Y Long Range, Red with Black. NO USB-C or Wireless chargI got. VIN 3093##. Annoying. No one told me in advance. Had to discover it via the inspection. Why does Tesla suck at this kind of thing. Hopefully it won’t take too long. For now I’m plugging a USB-C cord in the back console. Ok for now.

Picked mine up today in Paramus. 22 Model Y Long Range, Red with Black. NO USB-C or Wireless chargI got. VIN 3093##. Annoying. No one told me in advance. Had to discover it via the inspection. Why does Tesla suck at this kind of thing. Hopefully it won’t take too long. For now I’m plugging a USB-C cord in the back console. Ok for now.
mine is a 21 model. Does your MY has curve adaptive headlights, that bends the light direction when you turn?

Hello all. I ordered my MYLR (default everything) on 7/17, and took delivery at Paramus on 11/22. I got there via Uber 30 minutes early, which was a mistake. The car was still on the super charger and they didn't have the paperwork ready. I walked to the next shopping plaza to kill time and had breakfast at Smashburger, which was surprisingly good. I walked back at my actual appointment time and it was still on the super charger. The rep told me to pair my phone, which I did, and I got charged for the super charging and my first (waived) idling fee. I didn't notice until I got home, and I don't plan on fighting it. I was being hasty.

I was surprised when I filled out the paperwork and signed my bank check that the rep didn't double-check anything. And speaking of not checking anything, I was so amped up that I didn't do any of the checks that I've been prepping myself for since I ordered (and before). Just cursory examinations. Luckily, there were no issues. The car drives like a dream, and I'm loving all the software customizations available. It's my first vehicle in this realm of pricing, and the whole family is impressed.

Final thought to my fellow New Jersians. Do not have your first experience with Autopilot on Route 17. Or if you do, do it from the middle/left lane. 🙃

Edit: VIN 307### - included front charging stuff. 👍

Reactions: flee2000
Did anyone have mud-flaps and ppf installed? Mine didn't and I thought they were supposed to be installed in the NE. (I've scheduled service via the app, so hopefully they can be installed) just wondering if others had them when they picked up