Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of the P MY orders fill faster than the LR AWD orders for the past year. See the spreadsheet.
Did you contact your SC and ask about this? We made sure our SC knew of our deadline and they worked to help us.
Suggest checking the online MY inventory page daily as well.
Remember that a MY with FSD can be changed by the SC into a non FSD with the price going down too.
I called and weirdly enough the person on the phone removed my financing for some odd reason so I had to put it back to cash, said there was nothing he could do also texted someone from tesla that reached out about changing the order and said have to wait for an available car :( I'm really bummed out right now ordered last November not sure why my config is being pushed back so far its a Blue 19 inch white interior no fsd no tow

My OD is July 6, 2021 and my current EDD is July 20 to August 2021. EDD has already moved 4 times. My order is Blue/Black/Tow. If the car shows up in July it would be more than one year from the date of the order. Tried everything including tweeting Elon Musk. No result.

One only has to look at long the list of failed automobile companies since 1900. The stock market crash of 1929 produced a long list of automobile failures. Elon Musk is trying very hard not to fail in a very tough automobile business.
Who remembers when Ford refused to spend as little as one dollar to prevent/correct the exploding gas tanks on their Pinto?
Who remembers when GM was putting Oldsmobile engines in Chevy's without informing customers because it was cheaper, lagging behind installing anti-lock brakes, and fuel injection. VW was doing very well in the 1960s so GM introduced a Corvair that was unsafe at any speed.

Read the book "Power Play" by Tim Higgins people and you will gain a better understanding of what Elon is up against.

Attachments

• Power Play Tim Higgins IMG_7909.jpg
    Power Play Tim Higgins IMG_7909.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 118
One only has to look at long the list of failed automobile companies since 1900. The stock market crash of 1929 produced a long list of automobile failures. Elon Musk is trying very hard not to fail in a very tough automobile business.
Who remembers when Ford refused to spend as little as one dollar to prevent/correct the exploding gas tanks on their Pinto?
Who remembers when GM was putting Oldsmobile engines in Chevy's without informing customers because it was cheaper, lagging behind installing anti-lock brakes, and fuel injection. VW was doing very well in the 1960s so GM introduced a Corvair that was unsafe at any speed.

Read the book "Power Play" by Tim Higgins people and you will gain a better understanding of what Elon is up against.
what he is up against ? over promising and under delivering.

We visited Springfield SC today. There were several customers around.
The SC has one Model 3 in the showroom & had one new Model 3 outside on the delivery line (mid afternoon). One new Model Y on the front lot. The other cars are as shown in these two pictures of the rear lot at the SC, most looking for service with tags on the mirror.
It seems the current ~140 day Model Y lead time is growing.

Attachments

• IMG_6634.jpg
    IMG_6634.jpg
    629.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6633.jpg
    IMG_6633.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 75
I just got my EDD window (May 7-13) and VIN number assigned for MYLR.

I'm planning to get my PPF on my vehicle immediately after we get it. This might not be the right thread but anyone here recommend a place in NJ for this?
I don’t have recommendations but got quotes from 2 - wrap-mogul and leeberg (hillsborough ) wrap-mogul called and shared the price which was cheaper but leesberg (xpel dealer) responded with cost for each item sold from xpel.