Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD at Lawrenceville is July 6, 2021. My EDD is July to August 2022. Still waiting. Almost 1year plus wait. Frustrating to see orders of a later date being fulfilled with no explanation for the guys who ordered early. The whole Tesla experience sucks!

My OD at Lawrenceville is July 6, 2021. My EDD is July to August 2022. Still waiting. Almost 1year plus wait. Frustrating to see orders of a later date being fulfilled with no explanation for the guys who ordered early. The whole Tesla experience sucks!
My wait time isn't nearly as bad as yours as I placed my order in mid Oct 2021, but it's still frustrating to see people that ordered before you take delivery several months before your projected delivery window. Mind boggling.

That doesn’t make sense. LR? I have a friend who ordered in July 2021 and got his 7 seater sometime early fall 2021.

It is true that the delay does not make sense. There are quite a few people in NJ who have a similar sob story. The customer service guys are clueless on this and can do nothing to take it up. I even complained on twitter and reached out to the board of directors of Tesla and got no response. The entire allocation algorithm that Tesla uses is unfair to its customers and there is nothing you can do about it. Since the prices have gone up, they are now focusing on the new orders to register more sale numbers than take care of the guys who ordered early. Tesla has no accountability to anyone as there is no credible competition.

Reactions: weathergeekdan
It is true that the delay does not make sense. There are quite a few people in NJ who have a similar sob story. The customer service guys are clueless on this and can do nothing to take it up. I even complained on twitter and reached out to the board of directors of Tesla and got no response. The entire allocation algorithm that Tesla uses is unfair to its customers and there is nothing you can do about it. Since the prices have gone up, they are now focusing on the new orders to register more sale numbers than take care of the guys who ordered early. Tesla has no accountability to anyone as there is no credible competition.

if it makes you feel better, i too have a July OD (7/31) - picking up at Paramus (live in VT and we don't have any form of Tesla representation up here), and have an EDD of 8/12 - 9/23... makes me want to cry lol

I have an ordered MYLR w/OD of 03/12/22 w/EDD of September 2022. Most of the March orders have June EDD or have received their VINs. Mine hasn't changed at all since I ordered it.