Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey White House Petition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of these "defend Tesla" petitions will probably prove futile. They are too specialize. On the other hand, a petition that car dealers and car dealer associations do not have the best interest of customers in mind would probably gain more steam. It would be a more offensive attack rather than a defensive one. It would also probably garner support from a much larger population base. I realy think we should put the dealerships on their heels rather than just dig in defensively.

It successfully exceeded its goal, whereupon it was completely ignored by the White House.

Oh silly me, I forgot that our modern "democracy" is now sold to the highest bidder. That is why I was almost forced to pay a preditory student loan while the bank involved was given TARP funds so they could give executives bonuses before going BK...

I am more than happy to donate my extra time and energy to helping TSLA fight these dirtbags.

Eventually, this chorus of voices will not be ignored. It is getting louder and louder. Have you signed?

Yes. The original petition that did reach it's goal has been referenced by the media recently. While I hope this petition reaches the 100K signature mark I suspect that it will have little impact on the administration. If they have not made a response to the original one in close to a year a second one will probably have little additional effect. Curt tried to start another one about a month ago and it garnered almost no support although it was well crafted.
Signed, tweeted, emailed to all my contacts.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...e-Requesting-Direct-Tesla-Sales-in-All-States

Last edited:

Just saw this article which states the following:

On Friday, White House Assistant Press Secretary Matt Lehrich confirmed to Business Insider the petition would be "reviewed by the appropriate officials and receive a response." However, Lehrich said he could not confirm when the petition would be addressed.

I'm not sure if the White House has said this before or not, but it seems they are committing to a response at some point which is good to hear.

Predictions:
1. Definitely after 2014 elections.
2. Likely after 2016 elections.
3. Probably never.

If it is considered a politically advantageous decision it will be before the 2014 mid term election. I suspect with NADA donating so much money to both parties that they won't touch it unless there is such a ground swell of popular support that the popular support would overwhelm any NADA influence. Otherwise, I suspect just after the mid terms, regardless of the outcome.

I can't remember the exact percentage but I believe the breakdown by contributors to party was 90% Republican/10% Democrats according to some news report I saw. Think it was in the All In with Chris Hayes show about this. Either way, both parties are involved as they both have the same financial needs for campaign funds.

I can't remember the exact percentage but I believe the breakdown by contributors to party was 90% Republican/10% Democrats according to some news report I saw. Think it was in the All In with Chris Hayes show about this. Either way, both parties are involved as they both have the same financial needs for campaign funds.

That is the percentages he gave. I believe it is closer to 50/50 for national elections. I will try to find the exact number. Either way, I agree with your belief that both major parties accept contributions and that there are very few 'clean hands'.