Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New June invites coming “in the next few days”

SZNJ

Jun 4, 2018
NJ
The wait is indeed painful. I reserved online 4/1/16 and am a none owner in NJ. The web site has me at May-Jul for the last three months. My old car has no AC any more. Please please pick me!!!

Reactions: Glamisduner

Moderatefan

Dec 20, 2017
Denver, CO
Received invite a couple months ago but still unable to configure dual motor version. Tried to last night but no luck. Anyone know when we'll be able to? Electrek states Tesla has opened orders (?).
AWD line is different from First Production. It's based on reservation time alone, time zone adjusted. With FP about 50% of reservations got the invite. With AWD the percentage is less at this time. So, you may have more people in front of you in this new line and no one will get their AWD until July.

myl55

Oct 26, 2013
Palos Verdes, CA
So apparently those who waited in stores to place their deposit on the first day will be the first ones to receive invites to configure AWD version - there is NO priority for current Model S or X owners for AWD. Disappointed.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: DR61 and SW2Fiddler

Chris350

Aug 17, 2017
Jupiter, Fla
The wait is indeed painful. I reserved online 4/1/16 and am a none owner in NJ. The web site has me at May-Jul for the last three months. My old car has no AC any more. Please please pick me!!!

LOL! I know your pain..... Non-Owner reserved on 4/28/16...... Curent ride: Acura TL 2000 - No AC left.... Transmission going.... Live in FLA and not looking forward to Driving this thing all Summer long.... Ohhhh... Did I mention 275k miles and it smokes like crazy..... Current Tesla estimate - Jul/Sep...... Troys Estimate 11/20/18..... Quite a HUGE swing there.....

M3Denver

Jan 17, 2018
Denver, CO
They CAN fulfill them- they just are holding off doing so until after June 30th for reasons already suggested
oh that's why people that reserved, invited, and configured after myself are getting VIN's and delivery,(yes in US) thanks for clearing that up! They should not have taken my deposit and asked to configure, if i hadn't received the configure invite i would care less.

Moderatefan

Dec 20, 2017
Denver, CO
Please please pick me!!!
I'm pretty sure we (4/1) will get picked. The question now becomes - if we hear a confirmation that 200K was in July, is there a good chance for us to get AWD in time for full tax credit? Can they zip through 3/31 reservations during Q3 and get to us just in time?

SZNJ

Jun 4, 2018
NJ
I have spotted three different Model 3s in the Princeton area. Kills me a little bit each time I spot one.

SZNJ

Jun 4, 2018
NJ
I have seen the Red, Black and Midnight Silver in my area. Either I see the Midnight car often or it is the most popular color in my area.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC