TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New June invites coming “in the next few days”

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by FloridaJohn, Jun 3, 2018.

1. FloridaJohn

FloridaJohn Member

It looks like new invites will be coming this week, including April 1 reservations.

Twitter

• Informative x 1
  2. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Yup after the 200k mark and in time for delivery in July.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. drawfour

drawfour Member

Can't wait! That's me!!! :)

• Like x 1
  4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

That’s a point.. 200K is cars sold, and it always takes a month or more from order/confirmation!

5. SZNJ

SZNJ Member

The wait is indeed painful. I reserved online 4/1/16 and am a none owner in NJ. The web site has me at May-Jul for the last three months. My old car has no AC any more. Please please pick me!!!

• Like x 1
  6. M3Denver

M3Denver Member

More invites they can't fulfill? how about getting cars to people that configured over 2 months ago?

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

AWD line is different from First Production. It's based on reservation time alone, time zone adjusted. With FP about 50% of reservations got the invite. With AWD the percentage is less at this time. So, you may have more people in front of you in this new line and no one will get their AWD until July.

8. myl55

myl55 Member

#8 myl55, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    So apparently those who waited in stores to place their deposit on the first day will be the first ones to receive invites to configure AWD version - there is NO priority for current Model S or X owners for AWD. Disappointed.

• Funny x 2
  9. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Correct. A "thank you" for them was limited to First Production priority only.

• Like x 1
  10. Knightshade

Knightshade Active Member

They CAN fulfill them- they just are holding off doing so until after June 30th for reasons already suggested

11. myl55

myl55 Member

Those bums! lol

12. Chris350

Chris350 Member

LOL! I know your pain..... Non-Owner reserved on 4/28/16...... Curent ride: Acura TL 2000 - No AC left.... Transmission going.... Live in FLA and not looking forward to Driving this thing all Summer long.... Ohhhh... Did I mention 275k miles and it smokes like crazy..... Current Tesla estimate - Jul/Sep...... Troys Estimate 11/20/18..... Quite a HUGE swing there.....

13. M3Denver

M3Denver Member

oh that's why people that reserved, invited, and configured after myself are getting VIN's and delivery,(yes in US) thanks for clearing that up! They should not have taken my deposit and asked to configure, if i hadn't received the configure invite i would care less.

14. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

I'm pretty sure we (4/1) will get picked. The question now becomes - if we hear a confirmation that 200K was in July, is there a good chance for us to get AWD in time for full tax credit? Can they zip through 3/31 reservations during Q3 and get to us just in time?

15. SZNJ

SZNJ Member

I have spotted three different Model 3s in the Princeton area. Kills me a little bit each time I spot one.

16. ajbilz

ajbilz New Member

There are six in my work's parking garage.

James

• Like x 3
  17. SZNJ

SZNJ Member

I have seen the Red, Black and Midnight Silver in my area. Either I see the Midnight car often or it is the most popular color in my area.

18. Ejl80

Ejl80 Supporting Member

Based on Elon’s clock I’d guess Friday or Saturday.

19. James M

James M Member

3/31 (online 7pm) non-owner here. Performance/AWD config not available yet. I keep checking every day :)

20. RetroGreyed

RetroGreyed Member

3/31 (in line ~11am PDT) non-owner here. Performance/AWD config not available yet for me either. Fingers crossed I am included in the next batch this week. :)