Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New June invites coming “in the next few days”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is some genuine BS. They are clearly back logged AND now are prioritizing performance models. I can clearly kiss my May-July window goodbye. All the while a BRAND NEW reservation has an estimate at 4-6 months. Loyalty begets loyalty.... Yeah right.

Reactions: Teslie
This is some genuine BS. They are clearly back logged AND now are prioritizing performance models. I can clearly kiss my May-July window goodbye. All the while a BRAND NEW reservation has an estimate at 4-6 months. Loyalty begets loyalty.... Yeah right.
I'm showing 3 to 5 months for my AWD order. That's still a little delayed but still plenty of time to get the tax credits.

That assumes they can hit that window. They constantly miss estimates left and right. I want AWD but I don't have faith they can deliver it before Jan 1.

I think we'll have a lot better idea of that shortly... I mean the speculation is they were sandbagging deliveries this quarter to save hitting 200k until July 1- if that's true, and they're genuinely about to crank out 5k/month after that as intended, delivery before Jan 1 should be easy for everybody who has been able to config so far at least (including all of us tonight previously invited for RWD who had P/AWD open up).

There were about 115,000 pre-orders at reveal time (in person and online).

They've already delivered somewhere around 30-40k of them.

July-Nov is 20 weeks, at 5k/week that's another 100,000 cars.

Man, this wait... The lack of communication regarding ordering and delivery has been frustrating.

This is probably not the place to write this but I have to say that all this extra time waiting for May-June invites has given me a chance to give the purchase some intense thought over the past week. I decided I will be looking into an ICE car, forgo my Model 3 May-July reservation and give up the tax credits. Mainly because I would like to have a car already and I suspect the July delivery window likely won't be met -- unless they're stocking up Model 3's as we speak -- and due to some comments about quality that I heard.

This is going to be controversial -- and I don't mean to attack Tesla or to antagonize everyone on this thread as it's been a dream car for me for a while -- but a client of mine is a mid-level manager at Tesla and I had a 30 minute chat with him over the past weekend. He said that while the car has been vastly improved since launch, he advised getting an S (which he said is superior and one of the best cars currently on the market as its been heavily refined.. but I can't afford it) or wait 1-3 years for further refinements before purchasing the Model 3. He said that the only advantages of purchasing now is the tax credit and being an early adopter; we discussed the tax credits a bit and we debated whether upcoming electric competition from the big car companies will push Tesla's prices downwards... hopefully they do!

While I'm positive they will send out a batch of invites right after July 1st -- I know they're sending a few invites even before July 1st, one of the managers at my work got invited last week, but he was a delayed April invitee -- its just been too long of a wait and I would like to have a car within the next two weeks.

That being said... I'm holding on to the reservation. Can't get myself to cancel it; partly in case I can't find a car I like before I get an invite, and partly because I've waited so long and just want to make sure I don't change my mind again at the last minute.

Nevertheless, I think I will be leasing an ICE car and once the lease is up I will buy a 3 or lease it.

Hope you all get your invites soon!

How about now?
No change. :(

From reading this forum, one would think that everyone has already been invited months ago, and were just waiting around for the "right" configuration to be available. However, there are quite a few of us that haven't even received our initial invite yet and are still currently locked out of the design studio.

It's just frustrating that I am almost halfway through my configuration "window" and I am still waiting outside looking in.

Reactions: setheryb
No change. :(

From reading this forum, one would think that everyone has already been invited months ago, and were just waiting around for the "right" configuration to be available. However, there are quite a few of us that haven't even received our initial invite yet and are still currently locked out of the design studio.

It's just frustrating that I am almost halfway through my configuration "window" and I am still waiting outside looking in.

Ah, I didn't realize that you hold a day 2 reservation.

Ah, I didn't realize that you hold a day 2 reservation.
Yes, I am. So I continue to wait...

I know it may be hard to believe at this point, but this thread was originally started for the Day 2 people because of this tweet:

ElonTweet.GIF

I guess I should have come up with a better title. :)

In my defense, though, I didn't expect us to still be talking about this a month later!

I just don't get the math behind this. I'm 4/1 as well and don't have an invite. What have they been doing for the past month? They are producing right? Who's orders are they filling? There are AT LEAST 25% who cancelled and A LOT who are waiting for standard range. How is it possibly we still don't have an invite and are now 3-5 months out?! I don't get it.

Reactions: jsrawa
Man, this wait... The lack of communication regarding ordering and delivery has been frustrating.

This is probably not the place to write this but I have to say that all this extra time waiting for May-June invites has given me a chance to give the purchase some intense thought over the past week. I decided I will be looking into an ICE car, forgo my Model 3 May-July reservation and give up the tax credits. Mainly because I would like to have a car already and I suspect the July delivery window likely won't be met -- unless they're stocking up Model 3's as we speak -- and due to some comments about quality that I heard.

This is going to be controversial -- and I don't mean to attack Tesla or to antagonize everyone on this thread as it's been a dream car for me for a while -- but a client of mine is a mid-level manager at Tesla and I had a 30 minute chat with him over the past weekend. He said that while the car has been vastly improved since launch, he advised getting an S (which he said is superior and one of the best cars currently on the market as its been heavily refined.. but I can't afford it) or wait 1-3 years for further refinements before purchasing the Model 3. He said that the only advantages of purchasing now is the tax credit and being an early adopter; we discussed the tax credits a bit and we debated whether upcoming electric competition from the big car companies will push Tesla's prices downwards... hopefully they do!

While I'm positive they will send out a batch of invites right after July 1st -- I know they're sending a few invites even before July 1st, one of the managers at my work got invited last week, but he was a delayed April invitee -- its just been too long of a wait and I would like to have a car within the next two weeks.

That being said... I'm holding on to the reservation. Can't get myself to cancel it; partly in case I can't find a car I like before I get an invite, and partly because I've waited so long and just want to make sure I don't change my mind again at the last minute.

Nevertheless, I think I will be leasing an ICE car and once the lease is up I will buy a 3 or lease it.

Hope you all get your invites soon!

The wait will be worth it. Happens to everyone, including solar Powerwall buyers.

Have you checked your account? I was able to configure AWD or Performance sometime yesterday afternoon/early evening, and I didn't get an invite until 1am this morning...
I still haven't got the AWD configuration email but I found I could configure AWD last night within a few minutes of that option opening up. I got the confirmation email right away after ordering. Day 1 reservation, of course.

I just don't get the math behind this. I'm 4/1 as well and don't have an invite. What have they been doing for the past month? They are producing right? Who's orders are they filling? There are AT LEAST 25% who cancelled and A LOT who are waiting for standard range. How is it possibly we still don't have an invite and are now 3-5 months out?! I don't get it.

Yes! This is exactly my problem with where we are right now. I understand they are waiting for July but at least let us configure so we have a possibility of July delivery. My patience wears thinner daily as we continue to have no updates and tweets saying we will be invited “in the next few days”. I am really dissapointed how they treat the reservation holders who have patiently waited and supported them. It puts a bad taste in my mouth during the final hour and is making me consider other vehicles.

Have you checked your account? I was able to configure AWD or Performance sometime yesterday afternoon/early evening, and I didn't get an invite until 1am this morning...

I've been checking habitually since news broke that they've apparently "opened" the design studio for all remaining day 1 holders. My order date was 4/1 but a May-July delivery. Still have not received an email, nor do I have access to the design studio.

The wait will be worth it. Happens to everyone, including solar Powerwall buyers.

I am sure it will be worth the wait. But quite frankly, after testing out a few different 45-60k models from various brands over the past week, I've been drawn to leasing a car. Higher quality interior (I rented a Model 3 in April), more convenient dealer network for warranty repairs, and established brands. Plus, I can get the car today (but I am waiting for various lease brokers to get back to me with deals).

I suspect that by the time I'd get a Model 3, most of the summer will have passed and with it most of my romanticized weekend PCH and camping trips. :(

Plus, I think waiting till after my lease would be up to get a Tesla would provide me with more configuration options as I'm sure they will allow for more cabin options in the near future.

With the nice low cost 3 years leases available it is understandable that this is a tempting approach. Three years would put you into a more normal EV market with possibly the availability of the Model Y.

I forgot about the Model Y. That might even be a better fit for me as I'm currently looking at leasing a SUV. Plus, in 3 years I am sure they will have added more interior cabin design options and further refined the 3. Or even possibly offer better leases on the Model S.

Meaning: not distorted by tax credits (as much)? Or wider availability of competitive entrants from different companies?

I am curious to see how the expiration of the higher tier tax credits and then subsequent lower tier tax credits will impact Tesla prices. Part of their indirect marketing is to advertise the post tax incentive cost of the leases or purchases. I personally don't expect the price to vary drastically -- especially not on the base model -- as that would eat into revenue and we know Tesla isn't making much profit due to their expansion plans and other costs.

However, I'd expect at least SOME reductions in price, as we've already seen with yesterday's $1k decrease in AWD price. And I'm sure that the push for electric models from most of the auto giants will put some pressure on the price.

I've been checking habitually since news broke that they've apparently "opened" the design studio for all remaining day 1 holders. My order date was 4/1 but a May-July delivery. Still have not received an email, nor do I have access to the design studio.

I am sure it will be worth the wait. But quite frankly, after testing out a few different 45-60k models from various brands over the past week, I've been drawn to leasing a car. Higher quality interior (I rented a Model 3 in April), more convenient dealer network for warranty repairs, and established brands. Plus, I can get the car today (but I am waiting for various lease brokers to get back to me with deals).

I suspect that by the time I'd get a Model 3, most of the summer will have passed and with it most of my romanticized weekend PCH and camping trips. :(

Plus, I think waiting till after my lease would be up to get a Tesla would provide me with more configuration options as I'm sure they will allow for more cabin options in the near future.

With the nice low cost 3 years leases available it is understandable that this is a tempting approach. Three years would put you into a more normal EV market with possibly the availability of the Model Y.

I forgot about the Model Y. That might even be a better fit for me as I'm currently looking at leasing a SUV. Plus, in 3 years I am sure they will have added more interior cabin design options and further refined the 3. Or even possibly offer better leases on the Model S.

Meaning: not distorted by tax credits (as much)? Or wider availability of competitive entrants from different companies?

I am curious to see how the expiration of the higher tier tax credits and then subsequent lower tier tax credits will impact Tesla prices. Part of their indirect marketing is to advertise the post tax incentive cost of the leases or purchases. I personally don't expect the price to vary drastically -- especially not on the base model -- as that would eat into revenue and we know Tesla isn't making much profit due to their expansion plans and other costs.

However, I'd expect at least SOME reductions in price, as we've already seen with yesterday's $1k decrease in AWD price. And I'm sure that the push for electric models from most of the auto giants will put some pressure on the price.