Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New June invites coming “in the next few days”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup configured 4/20 and still nada!

Damn, that sucks. And I bet they haven't even given you a call, have they?

Mind if I ask if you're paying in cash or financing? I've spoken to my Credit Union -- with whom I have a strong long-term relationship and know people by their first names -- about how taking out a loan would work since I may not get the car in the 30 day timeline that the loan certificate is valid, if Tesla takes 6 weeks or longer to deliver. As I don't have the means to drop $60,000 in cash, I want to make sure I have the load approved before paying the non-refundable $2,500 deposit upon config... but the loans are valid only 30 days.

Obviously the answer is just to re-apply... but the CU staff told me the negative of that is it will require an additional hard pull on my credit score and may drop my score, which can raise the rate. Though my FICO Auto Score would likely still qualify for the best rate, they don't know how the algorithm will handle two hits in a short time-frame, and there is a chance I may have to pay a higher rate.

Also, in the time since my original window of January to February, the Fed has increased the Federal Funds Rate... and car loans have gone up. Granted, it went to 2.24% from 1.99% at my Credit Union which is really a minor difference... but they're expected to raise it again this month.

TL;DR - Tesla, hurry up. Time is money.

I want to make sure I have the loan approved before paying the non-refundable $2,500 deposit upon config... but the loans are valid only 30 days.
Why? If you know you have good credit and can land whatever loan you're considering, what's the rush (aside from small changes in interest rate, of course)? I mean, it takes hardly any time at all to go through the loan process if you're working with a competent bank/credit union.

Why? If you know you have good credit and can land whatever loan you're considering, what's the rush (aside from small changes in interest rate, of course)? I mean, it takes hardly any time at all to go through the loan process if you're working with a competent bank/credit union.

Idk, cautious personality?

I’m putting $20k down (money from when a drunk hit and run driver hit me and totaled my car) so I guess there’s no reason for me to be rejected. But still.

Reactions: McRat
Damn, that sucks. And I bet they haven't even given you a call, have they?

Mind if I ask if you're paying in cash or financing? I've spoken to my Credit Union -- with whom I have a strong long-term relationship and know people by their first names -- about how taking out a loan would work since I may not get the car in the 30 day timeline that the loan certificate is valid, if Tesla takes 6 weeks or longer to deliver. As I don't have the means to drop $60,000 in cash, I want to make sure I have the load approved before paying the non-refundable $2,500 deposit upon config... but the loans are valid only 30 days.

Obviously the answer is just to re-apply... but the CU staff told me the negative of that is it will require an additional hard pull on my credit score and may drop my score, which can raise the rate. Though my FICO Auto Score would likely still qualify for the best rate, they don't know how the algorithm will handle two hits in a short time-frame, and there is a chance I may have to pay a higher rate.

Also, in the time since my original window of January to February, the Fed has increased the Federal Funds Rate... and car loans have gone up. Granted, it went to 2.24% from 1.99% at my Credit Union which is really a minor difference... but they're expected to raise it again this month.

TL;DR - Tesla, hurry up. Time is money.

No call, the only thing I got from Tesla was the pushback email for July. I did notice my "Edit Design" button was gone as of last Thursday. I gave them a call yesterday and was told I have a VIN and that my ISA will contact me. I am financing part of the car with a loan but I did not apply as of yet, I am really waiting for Tesla to schedule a delivery date. I figure the delivery date will be a couple weeks away once they reach out. I am East Coast so there has to be some delay :).

No call, the only thing I got from Tesla was the pushback email for July.

One of the managers at my work got a similar email, he was pissed lol. He hasn't been invited to configure yet though so that probably angered him even more. The email just said they got more orders than expected and that they have to regrettably delay his invite and he will get it in the upcoming months. This probably supports the July 1st Tax Credit Delay theory as it appears they went over their monthly limit with too many orders in April lol. The problems Tesla has are truly unique first world issues haha, what other company needs to purposefully delay picking up income haha.

I did notice my "Edit Design" button was gone as of last Thursday. I gave them a call yesterday and was told I have a VIN and that my ISA will contact me. I am financing part of the car with a loan but I did not apply as of yet, I am really waiting for Tesla to schedule a delivery date. I figure the delivery date will be a couple weeks away once they reach out. I am East Coast so there has to be some delay :).

What color did you end up choosing?

The one benefit of your wait is that they updated all of the seats and apparently made them cushier and more supportive in early May. :)

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
What color did you end up choosing?

The one benefit of your wait is that they updated all of the seats and apparently made them cushier and more supportive in early May. :)

I went with MSM, it was either that or the Blue. Yeah I really don't mind waiting, the issue I have is simply not knowing what the hell is going on. For Example

Dec-Feb = Original Estimate
Jan-Mar = New Estimate
Apr-June = Newer Estimate. Got invite in April!
4/20 - configure car and told 3-6 weeks
5/20 - E-mail tells me its now most likely July.

I went with MSM, it was either that or the Blue. Yeah I really don't mind waiting, the issue I have is simply not knowing what the hell is going on. For Example

Dec-Feb = Original Estimate
Jan-Mar = New Estimate
Apr-June = Newer Estimate. Got invite in April!
4/20 - configure car and told 3-6 weeks
5/20 - E-mail tells me its now most likely July.

I just want Tesla to give me the ability to give them $2,500. I'm fine with waiting for delivery. I just want to configure.

All this time of waiting and I've gone through all the color choices as my "final pick" only to return to MSM. I would have loved blue, but every-time I see it I am put-off at how it appears to be verging on purple and only "blue" under certain angles or light condition. I'll likely be going with MSM... but man, if only if the blue was brighter.

The lack of transparency is infuriating.

I just want Tesla to give me the ability to give them $2,500. I'm fine with waiting for delivery. I just want to configure.

I don't understand why they don't let you play around with the configurator while waiting. There aren't many choices yet, but at least let us play around with the options.

All this time of waiting and I've gone through all the color choices as my "final pick" only to return to MSM.

I’ve done the same. Started out probably blue. Then went to for sure white and a stormtrooper look. Then definitely MSM. Then got to see one in real life and it was red and I loved that. Then back to MSM. And for now I’m saying silver.

I saw an MSM model s on my street the other day and it just was flatter and more meh than the pictures I’ve seen and than I was hoping. Unless it was possible I just saw a gray one and not MSM.

I saw an MSM model s on my street the other day and it just was flatter and more meh than the pictures I’ve seen and than I was hoping. Unless it was possible I just saw a gray one and not MSM.

I rented a MSM Model 3. It looks nice; I believe it’s the most versatile color. However, I do also believe it looks boring.
If I get chrome delete I plan to do chrome delete and tinting which makes it look very stealthy.

I’ll post a photo in a bit. For some reason can’t upload from mobile.

Attachments

• 056C76D7-C694-40D5-9D38-2E62B9D62AE4.jpeg
    056C76D7-C694-40D5-9D38-2E62B9D62AE4.jpeg
    523 KB · Views: 72
  • 97F8E189-8B68-4DD4-833C-69D2D8EB27DF.jpeg
    97F8E189-8B68-4DD4-833C-69D2D8EB27DF.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 58
I saw these pics of a silver with a gray stealth xpel wrap. I love this look. Might wait a bit to do it though.

EDIT - Not my pics, were shared on a Facebook group

It is nice but to be honest, if I were to wrap it I'd only go matte black or for a color they don't offer.

For instance, I'd love this color as I REALLY want Blue, but am not a fan of the Deep Blue. Someone posted it on another thread a while back.

JLyrT4H.jpg

I think its a gorgeous color. I just can't get myself to spend an additional $2-$4k on a wrap because my car won't be garaged so the wrap will fade more quickly.

I GOT AN EMAIL!!!!:eek:

I can go 'look' at a Model 3 in Costa Mesa, CA. Thanks. Ugh. :rolleyes:

Seriously, are they sending that crap out just to piss off people? "Oh come and look at what you can't test drive, buy, or even place an order for after we gave you a delivery estimate of Nov-Jan". o_O